Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 16/08/2022 at 14:54, Brumstopdogs said:

I’ve just seen this. I do like Laura Woodsy a lot. One of the better presenters out there.  I didn’t know Mings was once homeless though. I though he had quite a privileged upbringing, private school etc ?  I must have got that completely wrong.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve just seen this. I do like Laura Woodsy a lot. One of the better presenters out there.  I didn’t know Mings was once homeless though. I though he had quite a privileged upbringing, public school etc ?  I must have got that completely wrong.

He spent time in a homeless shelter when growing up, but you are partially right. He attended a private school for part of his education on a football scholarship, I think when he was at Southampton's academy

• Thanks 1

On 16/08/2022 at 06:54, Brumstopdogs said:
“He’s a spokesperson for racism and an advocate for mental health as well.”

I would have said he was a spokesman against racism, but I know what she means though.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

I would say anyone on here suggesting that what Tyrone does off the pitch (and comparisons to Rashford) are people who are very comfortable in their lives. The suggestion that people should not speak up and use their platform to try and start a conversation about societal changes can only really come from a place of apathy. It sounds boiled down like "If you keep your opinions to yourself you'll play better". Where does that idea come from and where is the evidence?

Rashford's career dip and being outspoken is a spurious correlation, and a bad one at that. I'd even go as far as to say I've heard from him less since his career nos-dived and I would suggest injury and the general toxic mess at Man Utd plays a bigger role, seeing as everyone that has joined / played for Man Utd in the last 5 years has come out of it damaged. 

I would guess a big reason for his downfall is the fact that he's played about 400 games before he turned 24. At the very least I'd put money on that over "he feeds poor kids in his spare time".

• Thanks 3

On 17/08/2022 at 13:04, TRO said:

I just think the debate needs to stay on the rails....its his work on the pitch, that should be discussed.....and for me a very decent Centre back.

That's a bit like saying Jack Grealish lying dead drunk on the pavement shouldn't be discussed, it's what he does on the field that counts. This is just how it is sadly. I'm not quite sure what you expect?

On 17/08/2022 at 13:04, TRO said:

However, as has been documented well on here.....He is liable to make, crucial mistakes....I think that is widely accepted, within the fanbase.

Out of interest, why do you use punctuation (as above) where it isn't needed? Apologies if this sounds like needless criticism, I'm just interested! I occasionally skip your posts because I find the disrupted rhythm quite distracting.

8 hours ago, skarroki said:

I would say anyone on here suggesting that what Tyrone does off the pitch (and comparisons to Rashford) are people who are very comfortable in their lives.

I'm not certain if you mean material comfort or general 'I-know-what-I-like' boorishness... If the latter, I agree and often find that it does tend to be people who are uncomfortable considering the big questions of life.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

That's a bit like saying Jack Grealish lying dead drunk on the pavement shouldn't be discussed, it's what he does on the field that counts. This is just how it is sadly. I'm not quite sure what you expect?

Out of interest, why do you use punctuation (as above) where it isn't needed? Apologies if this sounds like needless criticism, I'm just interested! I occasionally skip your posts because I find the disrupted rhythm quite distracting.

I write in a fashion that suits me. If it was a business letter, I would write commensurate, with what's expected.....but why are you interested in something most folk are not?

On the contrary, on forums like this, I find continuous lines of text boring, but I wouldn't pick anyone up.....I like bullet points too, but you may not.

Everyone has there own style, but I wouldn't tell anyone how to convey their message, if I didn't like it to much of an extent, I would ignore it.....its hard to please all.

PS in 16 years of writing on here, I can only recall 1 other poster, who has made the same comment, and as you can see, I do like to suit myself.

PPS  Thats a strange comparison...using Jacks holiday snaps, thats what the story was about, Jack being Drunk. In Ty's case they was talking about football, and drifted in to his personal life.

• Like 1

Tyrone Mings is getting a dose of the old "we can say Birmingham is shit because we're from here, but if you dare say anything bad about where we're from we'll tear you down and defend our shithole with our lives" mentality and I'm here for it 

• Haha 1

Despite 'doing his job' last night still lacks and shows 'composure on the ball'.

Can always see it coming big long stides towards a bouncing ball and he tries to kick it in to next week...4 miles in the air.

Lack of composure....lack of skill....lack of confidence who knows....but he does it too much for me and probably why he is not held in high regards outside of Villa.

Did well last night...but this a bare minimum he should be doing...especially against league 1 opposition 

For me - Mings would have greatly benefited being paired next to Carlos or a better CB besides Konsa or Chambers in short stints.

He gets a lot of flack because of his distribution, but it is what it is at this point. Expecting it to change is a fool's errand. But he, bar his occasional walkabouts, is an above average defender and very good in the air at a time when every set piece looks like it'll go in against us. It's telling that the team look more cohesive as a whole with Chambers (the ball playing CB) next to him despite Chambers pace and athletic limitations.

A shame Carlos went down as I truly believe that would have been a very good pairing against most sides. Instead we are back to the Mings/Konsa show - a pairing that has fallen quite sharply in stock even before Konsa's injury.

Edited by DJBOB

7 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Last night, he didn't put a foot wrong. He cleared up a lot after others around him had made mistakes and kept us solid. 

Most telling for me was, especially 2nd half, was how much I could hear Ty. He was constantly talking, telling other players what ball was on etc... And that is why I will always see him as our captain. 

He would have been our starting CB beside Carlos all season if it wasn’t for the injury, he would have deserved it too. I hope this chat of Szalai is nonsense 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Despite 'doing his job' last night still lacks and shows 'composure on the ball'.

Can always see it coming big long stides towards a bouncing ball and he tries to kick it in to next week...4 miles in the air.

Lack of composure....lack of skill....lack of confidence who knows....but he does it too much for me and probably why he is not held in high regards outside of Villa.

Did well last night...but this a bare minimum he should be doing...especially against league 1 opposition 

He did well, which shows how shit he is.

7 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Last night, he didn't put a foot wrong. He cleared up a lot after others around him had made mistakes and kept us solid. 

Most telling for me was, especially 2nd half, was how much I could hear Ty. He was constantly talking, telling other players what ball was on etc... And that is why I will always see him as our captain. 

He did put a foot wrong, played a simple pass straight to one of their players shortly after we went a goal down.

Played well other than that so I’m not digging him out but he did make a mistake, and a very classic Mings mistake too.

Â