Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Southgate picks Maguire.

Souness hasn't managed in ages.

Gerrard seems to have limited judgement at this point. 

Smith got sacked after he dropped Mings. 

But, I can see how Mings is a droppable player. You are right, outside Villa he isn't universally praised. 

My issue isn't with dropping Mings. It's with giving the captaincy to a player who is arguably just as droppable. 

There must be something behind the scenes that we will not know about until Gerrard or Mings write a book. 

I agree with this, it is baffling...

16 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I like Mings, however I'm not a professional footballer or coach/Manager.

First Southgate, then Gerrard, now Souness are three who do not rate him...

Maybe Carlos and Chambers are the two then? Because Konsa is pretty average too...and may have played himself out of the team.

I don't think it's the fact he has been dropped but more the entire noise a round it. Gerrard could well do without extra sticks to beat him.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. He was picked for England on merit and captained Villa on merit. 

This is leaving a sour taste for me. I'm all for Gerrard making his mark but not at the risk of toxicity. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

"MIngs is a poor defender!" I've been listening to more and more TalkSport lately for some reason, but this kind of extreme-for-the-sake-it BS from Simon Jordan really puts me off.

Tyrone Mings is clearly an excellent defender and one of the best club captains Villa have had in the modern era. He makes mistakes, as we all know, like every player, but defenders rarely get away with it.

He's not allowed to make mistakes, both on the pitch and in life it seems. He is held to an impossible standard. Some people just can't stand him being successful, and then confident on top of that so they over-scrutinize him. Every mistake is calamitous which must make him a poor defender. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Wish people would stop posting this utterly unfunny shit.

Or maybe there could be a separate thread for it?

Maybe there's a way in which I or others wanting to post funny shit could send it through you first so you could vet it.

Wouldn't like i make the mistake of posting unfunny shit again, thanks 😊😊

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I like Mings, however I'm not a professional footballer or coach/Manager.

First Southgate, then Gerrard, now Souness are three who do not rate him...

Maybe Carlos and Chambers are the two then? Because Konsa is pretty average too...and may have played himself out of the team.

southgate has dropped him from one squad in recent times

gerrard has dropped him from one game since being manager

to automatically say that they don't rate him as a result of these 2 instances is a bit of an overstatement IMO

and this is the same souness said the reason grealish gets fouled so much is because he holds onto the ball too long and that the reason we beat liverpool 7-2 was because the grass was too long

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

"MIngs is a poor defender!" I've been listening to more and more TalkSport lately for some reason, but this kind of extreme-for-the-sake-it BS from Simon Jordan really puts me off.

Tyrone Mings is clearly an excellent defender and one of the best club captains Villa have had in the modern era. He makes mistakes, as we all know, like every player, but defenders rarely get away with it.

gets people clicking, talking about it, and listening in though doesn't it......

it's just a pantomime

Dropping the leader of the group is obviously going affect the squad and I think that showed on Saturday.  We know he has his lapses in concentration but he is still the leader, armband or not.  Gerrard calling him out will backfire. Tyrone will be here longer than Gerrard. 

5 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Tyrone will be here longer than Gerrard. 

Everything currently points in this direction. Maybe this why Sanson is happy to put out sarcastic social media posts and stick around for the time being watching this kind of Brian Clough at Leeds-esque professional suicide.

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Everything currently points in this direction. Maybe this why Sanson is happy to put out sarcastic social media posts and stick around for the time being watching this kind of Brian Clough at Leeds-esque professional suicide.

If players want to get their manager sacked, they play like we did on the weekend

One of them will be gone in the next couple weeks. 

This sort of nonsense is embarrassing and stinks of excuses why he is being sold.

If you want to sell him, fine sell him for football and financial reasons, makes zero sense slating him in public which I would guess would make his price cheaper.

Smith made reference to one or 2 players having too much power and were too vocal last summer, I suspected at the time it was mings, even if yhat were slippy g's reasoning, just move him on rather than petty snide comments.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

simon jordan hasn't a clue.

I think it gives food for thought… I’m not happy with how the whole captaincy thing has been carried out….but… how many times has Mings been slammed on here? 

14 minutes ago, a-k said:

If players want to get their manager sacked, they play like we did on the weekend

Neither Sanson or Mings played on the weekend. If it his “mates” that he pick regarding their form, that want him sacked, he is in real trouble.

Not going to be a popular opinion, but I agree with Gerrard, as far as Mings spot in the team.

Now I don't think Konsa deserves it either, but Mings hasn't shown the capabilities to be in a better form than Chambers at the moment.

22 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think it gives food for thought… I’m not happy with how the whole captaincy thing has been carried out….but… how many times has Mings been slammed on here? 

too many, most of which undeserved (IMO)

when we lose and he plays i avoid this thread because there are some posters that work very hard to attribute every goal to mings in some way

• Like 1

Â