Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

37 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

'metronome' - another word learnt, cheers

There's a 75 ft one in Prague on a plinth up on a hill overlooking the city. It was placed there in 1991, and took the place of the world's largest statue of Joseph Stalin.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

There's a 75 ft one in Prague on a plinth up on a hill overlooking the city. It was placed there in 1991, and took the place of the world's largest statue of Joseph Stalin.

They have a bar underneath it now called Stalin 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They have a bar underneath it now called Stalin 😂

In the wall? Where the pirate radio stations used to be or down at ground (bottom of the hill) level?

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

In the wall? Where the pirate radio stations used to be or down at ground (bottom of the hill) level?

Is just below it medium level with a biew, sometimes holds exhibitions but is a kiosk bar called Stalin which was open was there 2 years back

With a name like that I  had to take a beer 😂

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/01/2021 at 18:10, OutByEaster? said:

Yep - Mings is so completely programmed to be the big alpha that he cannot deal with the idea of losing a contest one-on-one with another man - it's his strength and weakness.

I worry about this heading into the season.

Not massively out of the ordinary, but he's been shaky in possession in both games and the errors are always of his own making. Trying to appear composed and ambitious before he's even controlled the ball properly.

Can't be certain he'll react well to DC being the main distributor from the back. If he gets his head down and concentrates on his defending he could be massive, if he's worried he's being overshadowed things could get ugly.

He's near on undroppable until we get a bit more height in the side I would think. He's huge for us defending corners.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I worry about this heading into the season.

Not massively out of the ordinary, but he's been shaky in possession in both games and the errors are always of his own making. Trying to appear composed and ambitious before he's even controlled the ball properly.

Can't be certain he'll react well to DC being the main distributor from the back. If he gets his head down and concentrates on his defending he could be massive, if he's worried he's being overshadowed things could get ugly.

He's near on undroppable until we get a bit more height in the side I would think. He's huge for us defending corners.

This is how he plays for England and why he has been so solid for them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pembers said:

Thought Mings looked quite sloppy today in comparison to Carlos and Chambers

Very sloppy, some strange decisions, kicking it out when under minimal pressure, crap balls forward, not a good showing from el capitan

52 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

One thing that does wind me up a bit is whenever he plays square balls to the other CB he almost always passes slightly behind them.

it is annoying but its the safe miss as they would say in golf. better to pass it a bit behind them where theres no danger than too far in front where it could be intercepted or poor control could be punished.

of course the third option is to actually pass it to the player which is much preferable lol

• Haha 1

The long ball pass wasn’t good from the clip I saw online. Hopefully a blip, he’s normally very good at starting counters that way. Everyone has off days. Better go get it out of your system in pre-season. 

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

This is criminal 

I mean...that is very standard Mings.

Those ones I don't mind as much because at least it's safe. It's the losing possession when we already comfortably have it that kills me.

It's consistent and it's totally avoidable. He loses the ball trying to show off now composed he is. If he gets his head down, just defends and plays simple he can be a huge positive for us this season.

• Like 1

What surprises me most is how weak he has become. The number of times he let's the ball bounce and then tries to shield the ball but loses it is incredible.

Same again today, fortunately he tracked back and made the recovery but it all came from him losing the aerial ball near the half way line.

Based on preseason alone, which is obviously ridiculous really, but I'd put him as our weakest CB as it stands.

Just now, jackbauer24 said:

What surprises me most is how weak he has become. The number of times he let's the ball bounce and then tries to shield the ball but loses it is incredible.

Same again today, fortunately he tracked back and made the recovery but it all came from him losing the aerial ball near the half way line.

Based on preseason alone, which is obviously ridiculous really, but I'd put him as our weakest CB as it stands.

He's not #4/5 because he's so good in the air. A few gaffs in the PL and he's in trouble though.

Really pleased with how Carlos shows how simple it is to play L/R centre half. This was never an issue until about 3 years ago when some started squawking how everyone must have left and right footer. Two of either is absolutely fine.

Â