Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Pfft. Adders.

I have had more than six Rattlesnakes around my houses over the years here in California. Including 2 that took up residence inside our houses garage.
Oh plus black widows & tarantulas.Β 

Put on your big boy pants Tyrone, its just a snake. Either kill it with a shovel or Put on somes gloves and go throw it over the fence and get on with your life.

Jesus mate. You're a much braver man than me πŸ˜‚

Then again I was scarred by an episode of Taggart as a young child regarding snakes πŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Jesus mate. You're a much braver man than me πŸ˜‚

Then again I was scarred by an episode of Taggart as a young child regarding snakes πŸ˜‚

To be fair rattlesnakes just want to be left alone, most of the time they will bugger off on their own. But if they stick around and you have kids like I did , well you gotta move em or kill em or call someone in to do either.
Β Over here they sell snake picking up gripper sticks as well as snake gloves / boots so that makes life easier toΒ  move em.

In san diego I called up the local snake guy who worked for the zoo to move em. He pointblank refused to get them out of the garage which was completely stacked with piles of books/boxes so you couldnt see them, just where they had slithered through the dust.

In his words "I am not going in there. I cant see them, its too freaky. Look they came in under that door, just wait till they go out and seal it up after. You will want remove the rat colony from your gardens bank, the snakes are here for that rat buffet."

So that was nice.

Β 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

FIFY

I am presuming the UK? .. UK also has the smooth snake ... a constrictor and pretty rare I gather.

Hah, I didn't know that.Β  We also have the slow worm which people confuse for a snake but is actually a legless lizard (without legs,Β  not pissed).Β 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, QldVilla said:

More chance of being stung by a blue bottle

I'm assuming these blue bottles are different to the ones in the UK and Ireland. Otherwise I have been dicing with death my whole life.

EDIT: just googled they're a Jellyfish. A bit more dangerous than an annoying house fly.

Edited by sparrow1988

9 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I'm assuming these blue bottles are different to the ones in the UK and Ireland. Otherwise I have been dicing with death my whole life.

EDIT: just googled they're a Jellyfish. A bit more dangerous than an annoying house fly.

yep they must be different have long tenticles here about two metres long was stung by one in the ocean when about 8 years old, they just wrap themselves around you, hurts likes hell. Remember going to the ambulance and having metholated spirits poured on me, now they just put ice on. lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

yep they must be different have long tenticles here about two metres long was stung by one in the ocean when about 8 years old, they just wrap themselves around you, hurts likes hell. Remember going to the ambulance and having metholated spirits poured on me, now they just put ice on. lol

I remember now, the tour guide on Fraser Island picked one up that was washed up on the beach. Apparently you can pick them up by the body part. The tentacles do the stinging.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

To be fair rattlesnakes just want to be left alone, most of the time they will bugger off on their own. But if they stick around and you have kids like I did , well you gotta move em or kill em or call someone in to do either.
Β Over here they sell snake picking up gripper sticks as well as snake gloves / boots so that makes life easier toΒ  move em.

In san diego I called up the local snake guy who worked for the zoo to move em. He pointblank refused to get them out of the garage which was completely stacked with piles of books/boxes so you couldnt see them, just where they had slithered through the dust.

In his words "I am not going in there. I cant see them, its too freaky. Look they came in under that door, just wait till they go out and seal it up after. You will want remove the rat colony from your gardens bank, the snakes are here for that rat buffet."

So that was nice.

Β 

Wow. Fair play to you!

The only time I approached a rattlesnake, I think it may have been from Texas, I got Stone Cold Stunnered.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Mings is quite safe, the most dangerous snake in the country is well contained inside my trousers.

sorry to hear about the impressive collection of venereal diseases mate

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Pfft. Adders.

I have had more than six Rattlesnakes around my houses over the years here in California. Including 2 that took up residence inside our houses garage.
Oh plus black widows & tarantulas.Β 

Put on your big boy pants Tyrone, its just a snake. Either kill it with a shovel or Put on somes gloves and go throw it over the fence and get on with your life.

Β 

You have suddenly made Lozells seem attractive.

• Haha 2

On 15/06/2022 at 08:26, CVByrne said:

Mings gonna have a great season with Carlos as a CB partner and with Kamara there a metronome with keeping the ball ticking along

I remember Jack Woodward saying this about Mings, Engels and Nakamba against Spurs away in the first match of 19/20 after we got promoted back to the Premier League. It started so well, we were outstanding defensively and it promised so much, that trio were absolutely excellent in that match. I hope he doesn’t say the same this time, itΒ just puts too much pressure on the player’s shoulders in my opinion

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I remember Jack Woodward saying this about Mings, Engels and Nakamba against Spurs away in the first match of 19/20 after we got promoted back to the Premier League. It started so well, we were outstanding defensively and it promised so much, that trio were absolutely excellent in that match. I hope he doesn’t say the same this time, itΒ just puts too much pressure on the player’s shoulders in my opinion

Nakamba didnt play until maybe the 5th/6th game that seasonΒ 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nakamba didnt play until maybe the 5th/6th game that seasonΒ 

Thanks for correcting me, did Luiz play in defensive midfield that day? - edit, it was Hourihane, I had forgotten that

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

18 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

'that trio were absolutely excellent in that match'

Oh, one didn't actually play in it?

Brilliant 🀣😘

The 2 centre backs (Mings and Engels) were outstanding, Heaton was great in goal too. I just made a slight mistake, it happens! You can always rely on me! 😊

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The 2 centre backs (Mings and Engels) were outstanding, Heaton was great in goal too. I just made a slight mistake, it happens! You can always rely on me! 😊

I know mate, just made me laugh πŸ‘

• Haha 1

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚