Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Fantastic again except for the yellow card. Brilliant brilliant performance.

I actually didn't mind that - he was obviously targetted because James and AN Other had left something on him when he cleared the ball leaving him in some pain. That he chose to remind James his place in 'strength' pecking order mader me smile. Did the same to Bojra on Saturday after his Young argy-bargy. Proper old-school centre half stuff.

Other than that he played well (as he usually does) and it was a lovely bit of control and cushioned lay-off for Chambers to score a great goal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Farlz said:

I **** love the bloke. I’ll honestly never understand just how much abuse he gets from opposition supporters and even our own. 

Of course he’s not perfect but at times you see people talk about him as if he’s just completely incapable and it’s a tragedy he’s playing Premier League football. Load of bollocks. 

Bet that felt so good for him. Love seeing Leeds fans make a tit of themselves. 

I think he gets a little bit of abuse from Villa fans (myself included) when he gets cocky and casual with his play which maybe because he is skipper often sets a tone for sloppy play all over the pitch but the last few games when it’s been all business really shows him at his best and when he is at his best he is our number 1 centre half

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

There was a weird moment at the start of the game where he urged digne to push forward but then played a pass behind him and out for a throw followed by ayling almost doing the exact same thing to I think dallas

He also had a shakey moment with a shocking mcginn pass that he didn't want 

Yellow card was daft but worth it for winding the Leeds fans up

He's solid as a rock, wonder what Chambers makes of playing alongside him and how much of him looking almost surprisingly good is also down to mings (and martinez) talking him through games 

It was weird, and as you point out, others did it. And there was a fair few people (mainly their players) slipping over on the pitch. 

I am in the 'he doesn't make a mistake very game' camp, and this isn't an attempt to deflect a shit pass - but it did appear as if the pitch wasn't player quite right, and it took players 20 minutes to figure it out. 

I think Leeds would be very wise to get someone as 'shit' as Ty in their defence - they were all over the place, and he really does organise ours well. The camera focused on him a few times, particularly during the first half - and when he wasn't holding his leg - he was pointing and shouting instructions to others. Our leader and captain. 

58 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He had a wobble a few games back but since then, he’s been outstanding. 

Tyrone is turning into a bit of a Villa legend. Since the moment he came in, we’ve been on an upwards trajectory. His loan signing is almost the pinpoint moment, as a club, we started on this progressive path to the top half of the PL. 

He has his faults, but when he doesn’t make mistakes, there aren’t many better centre half’s out there. 

Our leader. 

I can only like this post once, so I might print it out and frame it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Fantastic again except for the yellow card. Brilliant brilliant performance.

If he gets another 2 in the next 5 games he gets a 2 game suspension. It's a worry.

Same for Cash, he's on 8 yellows too. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Thanks 1

Hope he can keep this concentration up. 3 games in a row without any massive eye catching mistakes, if he could do this for 30-38 games a season he be one of the best in the league

9 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Hope he can keep this concentration up. 3 games in a row without any massive eye catching mistakes, if he could do this for 30-38 games a season he be one of the best in the league

We should all have been able to see the issue with the poor performances was the midfield and the issue with the midfield was the full backs. It's all well and good praising Mings now for a system change that leaves the CBs less exposed than they had been. 

Mings has been consistent since Gerrard took over in my view, he didn't have a great game against Leeds in the 3-3 is about all I can remember in terms of his performances. Mings was also very consistent last season, but we played with a double pivot and a 6 man defensive set up back then of which he was 1 player.

I think the key for next season is who is the ball playing CB to play alongside Mings and who is the CDM in front of him. I see Mings, Cash, Digne, Martinez as set in stone for starting next seasons opener.

• Like 2

Â