Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes if we have a weak link in the back 4 its him not Targett( who i thought was brilliant today) or anyone else. He is good enough so needs to show it!

He is the weak link at the moment but he is absolutely good enough but he really needs to have a word with himself, improve his focus and keep his cool. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes, we will. I'm terrified of the idea at Hause vs Chelsea.

Hause is absolutely fine so long as he doesnt try to pass it longer than 10 yards.

Wins every header, and is solid on the ground.

Most of his problems are self created by trying to pass, so just give the ball to Douglas and all is good.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Deeds not words is what is important.

Holding his hands up is all well,. He got involved with Zaha needlessly just like he did with Bamford against Leeds and both times its impacted on him and the team. He needs to learn and he needs to up his game because aside from the bookings he was poor again today.

No one is faultless so it definitely is important to man up and speak your apology to your teammates and the fans. 

Where is this poor again coming from. Whoscored has Targett, Mings and Konsa all rated the same for this season. That's what my eyes tell me as well. 

People never learn around here.  He was clearly our best defender last season. Now the other defenders have improved to his level and many are saying get rid. Madness. 

Edited by Rightdm00
Grammer
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

No one is faultless so it definitely is important to man up and speak your apology to your teammates and the fans. 

Where is this poor again coming from. Whoscored has Targett, Mings and Konsa all rated the same for this season. That's what my eyes tell me as well. 

People never learn around here.  He was clearly our best defender last season. Now the other defenders have improved to his level and now many are saying get rid. Madness. 

You say many are saying "get rid" I'm not seeing that and I'm certainly not saying that. You might see the odd person here or there but there certainly aren't "many" people saying it so this is a strawman arguement.

I'm not interested in whoscored ratings in the slightest. I don't agree with you that all 4 defenders have been at the same level this season.

As for poor again, I think he was poor against Southampton and Leeds.

Seriously needs to improve his concentration levels. I'm not so much bothered about the sending off action but his positioning was terrible. Up zahas arse miles from nowhere allowing himself to get turned whilst flat footed. As I've said before I think we need better long term. 

Saying we should get rid of Mings is absolute madness, but if Hause plays well in the next game, I think it sends a very poor message to immediately drop him for Mings. 

We bemoan our lack of depth in the squad. When players earn their place, they ought to keep it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Are we? I dont think mings is valuable as he was once was. Konsa and hause have really stepped up

I look at it that we won’t have a current England international defender, the corner stone of our defence for the past 2.5 seasons against a team with Werner, Havertz, Abraham, Pulisic etc... To think it’s the same as Crystal Palace, WBA, Burnley is having a laugh. PS Chelsea are currently getting a bollocking from Lampard for losing to Arsenal.

Hope your right, but believe we’ll miss Mings.

14 minutes ago, Thug said:

Hause is absolutely fine so long as he doesnt try to pass it longer than 10 yards.

Wins every header, and is solid on the ground.

Most of his problems are self created by trying to pass, so just give the ball to Douglas and all is good.

Hause to me will have too many stinkers. He is fine stepping in for a few games - but can he do it week in week out.

Fine bit of business for £4m though.

The first booking to me is a nothing incident and is indicative of this weird behaviour of referees where if there's some kind of commotion they automatically book a player off both teams even if there isn't justification for doing it in the name of "balance" or whatever. Some of you are harping on about a clear "stamp" like that's why he was booked when in reality if that were actually the case he'd have been given a straight red.

But justified or not once he's booked he's booked and he needs to play as such, so regardless that foul was a poor decision and one that he is evidently aware he needs to learn from. He's clearly a smart and level-headed guy so no doubt he will do so.

Can only agree with a lot of what many have already covered perfectly above though, the guy is rightly a key player for us and more often than not performs as such. Thankfully the team bailed him out today and I've no doubt he'll make up for it with more performances over the rest of the season more in keeping with his usual standard, which is that of someone who while not a perfect defender is very comfortable at this level and a leader of one of the best defences in the league. I don't know where it's come from but there's a bizarre trend of baying for poor moments from him from some people on here, and it becomes apparent when he puts in demonstrably good performances in games and the first thing you see in this thread is people ripping into him for the one error they've isolated from the game as if the fact they can only pick out such fleeting incidents doesn't only serve to prove the opposite of what they're saying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He is the weak link at the moment but he is absolutely good enough but he really needs to have a word with himself, improve his focus and keep his cool. 

Indeed, for some reason people get defensive about Mings criticism.

I think we all pretty much know that he has all the attributes to be outstanding. His head just seems to go at times.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You say many are saying "get rid" I'm not seeing that and I'm certainly not saying that. You might see the odd person here or there but there certainly aren't "many" people saying it so this is a strawman arguement.

I'm not interested in whoscored ratings in the slightest. I don't agree with you that all 4 defenders have been at the same level this season.

As for poor again, I think he was poor against Southampton and Leeds.

I will definitely acknowledge you aren't one of posters calling for his replacement so my apologies there.

As far as how you rate him this season, I would think no defender has a good game when 3+ goals are scored. Unless you are blaming Mings for all 7 conceded. 

He is no longer Super Mings and thank God for it. We defend as a team now with everyone on the backline doing a job .

He has been a vital part of a defense that leads the Prem in clean sheets and yet somehow he isn't up for it. How?  I just can't square that. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, birdman said:

In my opinion Mings will be straight back in the team after his suspension. Done nothing to deserve being dropped and a key player. 

We probably thought the same as Konsa, didn't happen.

Mings inadvertently got him his place back.

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

I will definitely acknowledge you aren't one of posters calling for his replacement so my apologies there.

As far as how you rate him this season, I would think no defender has a good game when 3+ goals are scored. Unless you are blaming Mings for all 7 conceded. 

He is no longer Super Mings and thank God for it. We defend as a team now with everyone on the backline doing a job .

He has been a vital part of a defense that leads the Prem in clean sheets and yet somehow he isn't up for it. How?  I just can't square that. 

Again though I don't think people are saying he isn't up for/to it.

People myself included are saying he has over the last couple of months made too many individual errors, often fairly basic ones. He has also on a couple of occasions lost his cool, Leeds where he got away with it and today where he didn't. We now go to Chelsea without him, which I think we would all agree is far from ideal as we would rather have him in the side.

Mings is a very good defender however despite the collective form and results of our defence I think his personal performances have been below what he is capable of and he needs to improve.

I'm not blaming Mings for all 7 goals conceded but he was poor in those games and I was answering the question of where "poor again" came from.

The bookings can happen - sometimes you get away with them but not today.

More of a concern was the unforced errors in the first 15 minutes (the scuffed corner!) And the general look on his face that he didn't quite fancy it today.

We are good enough yet though to be booting out England international defenders !

Â