Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Are we? I dont think mings is valuable as he was once was. Konsa and hause have really stepped up

Konsa clearly has the higher ceiling and as I’ve said in another thread, he looks the business this season, looking every bit the investment atm. But even so I don’t think it should be underestimated what Tyrone brings to our back 5, even if he has got the odd error in him. His passing is key to our play at times, he reads the game well and he is the ‘talker’ of the CB pairing. Another thing to note is that it’s always him who Martinez is shouting instructions to, I think he’s sort of seen as a vice captain to the players. It’s not always ability, sometimes it’s what the person brings to the side.

• Like 4

Just now, 7392craig said:

Another thing to note is that it’s always him who Martinez is shouting instructions to, I think he’s sort of seen as a vice captain to the players. It’s not always ability, sometimes it’s what the person brings to the side.

Either that or Martinez has sussed out that he gives away more chances than anybody else...

• Like 1

The second yellow was silly but the first was a bit unlucky. For that reason a soft sending off really. What annoyed me is that Milojevic should have got a second yellow for his cynical tackle in the second half. No different from Mings one on Zaha!

I'm glad he's got a "nasty" streak in him because you need that in a team. 

Edited by birdman
  • Like 4

If Hause puts in another good performance next game(which he'll have the chance too), I think I'll solidly be in the Hause starts in place of Mings camp. But if Hause starts having bad games again, I'd like Mings to come in again. Or Konsa for that matter if it happens to him.

Isn't it great to have 3 centrebacks who can all come in for each other when any one of them is off form?

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If Hause puts in another good performance next game(which he'll have the chance too), I think I'll solidly be in the Hause starts in place of Mings camp. But if Hause starts having bad games again, I'd like Mings to come in again. Or Konsa for that matter if it happens to him.

Isn't it great to have 3 centrebacks who can all come in for each other when any one of them is off form?

I think all villa fans were very concerned about our subs but its great how they've stepped up when needed.

• Like 1

I'm having trouble linking the tweet, but this is as classy acknowledgement. 

Big mistake today but he's still so important to the team. 

Performance of the season that second half; lads were absolutely unreal!! I put the team in a horrible situation & I take full responsibility for that, but what a response

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Hopefully he will be able to reflect on this and work out how to keep as calm under provocation as he normally does.

Just now, briny_ear said:

Hopefully he will be able to reflect on this and work out how to keep as calm under provocation as he normally does.

The second was stupid mate, but I think the first was harsh, he was basically stopping Zaha swinging at him. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Deeds not words is what is important.

Holding his hands up is all well,. He got involved with Zaha needlessly just like he did with Bamford against Leeds and both times its impacted on him and the team. He needs to learn and he needs to up his game because aside from the bookings he was poor again today.

• Like 2

Love big Ty but my god he needs to sort his temper out. That is one of his biggest issues, yes, aggression is good, but it needs to be controlled. He absolutely let Zaha get under his skin today, as he has done with Bamford and others in the past. 

He was a little bit unlucky with the first card, but stupid stupid stupid for the second. A small push from Zaha was all it needed for him to lose his head.

Hopefully he has a bit of a think whilst he is watching Hause take his place against Chelsea and works on that part of his game. 

I get the feeling that he is also carrying a knock, so a game or two on the sidelines should be good for him. If Hause plays well against Chelsea, Mings is on the bench against ManUre IMO.

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Deeds not words is what is important.

Holding his hands up is all well,. He got involved with Zaha needlessly just like he did with Bamford against Leeds and both times its impacted on him and the team. He needs to learn and he needs to up his game because aside from the bookings he was poor again today.

Yes if we have a weak link in the back 4 its him not Targett( who i thought was brilliant today) or anyone else. He is good enough so needs to show it!

• Like 1

Â