Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

Clubs like Wolves & Sheffield did not have that "expect to be relegated" attitude & a big club like Villa should never have that attitude. If you think you will fail then you almost certainly will.

Can I just add I didn't expect Villa to be relegated at all. 

3 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Clubs like Wolves & Sheffield did not have that "expect to be relegated" attitude & a big club like Villa should never have that attitude. If you think you will fail then you almost certainly will.

I agree with you, we have to believe that we’re going to stay up but if you are complacent about it then it’s a recipe for disaster too

I thought we'd be at least better than four maybe five other teams...

If VAR hadn't screwed us over, kept McGinn free from injury and not shot ourselves in the foot countless times I'd say that was reasonable.

Buts, ifs and maybes though, I know 😉

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I thought we'd be at least better than four maybe five other teams...

If VAR hadn't screwed us over, kept McGinn free from injury and not shot ourselves in the foot countless times I'd say that was reasonable.

Buts, ifs and maybes though, I know 😉

That’s where you and I are different, I’d snap your hand off for 17th 

We could still finish fifteenth, we're only four points from there now with a game in hand. Winning the game in hand alone would lift us to sixteenth place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Expected to be relegated? Oh no, I thought after spending £140 million we might have had a plan, we might have bought decent players. How wrong I was, damn this season....

Personally not impressed with Mings at all, looks like a headless chicken, makes rash challenges....we should have signed Cahill, he would've re-joined I'm sure of it.

Why would Cahill have rejoined us over moving to another London team? 

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why would Cahill have rejoined us over moving to another London team? 

London teams do have an extra appeal to a lot of players especially if the player is already in London. Cahill was never coming to Villa.

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

London teams do have an extra appeal to a lot of players especially if the player is already in London. Cahill was never coming to Villa.

He might at the very end of his career, one last swan song, I hope anyway :)

On 30/04/2020 at 23:09, villa4europe said:

The England national team social media account has a video of him phoning up nurses and NHS members to say thanks 

Off the pitch this guy is incredible, proper level headed and it always seems genuine rather than something he's been made to do 

I just saw this and came here to check if anyone had posted it.

I love Tyrone Mings. He can be a bit of a billy big balls at times, and his Instagram is sickening, but he comes across as fundamentally a good human being with a big heart.

Definitely a player we need to hang on to - still has a good few years left in him, and you can tell he has the intelligence to keep improving well into his 30s.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Signed to rocnation 

I'm going to put 2 and 2 together here and come up with 5...sounds like this along with the sterling puma deal there is going to be a push in the states for young black socially active role model footballers of which mings obviously ticks that box 

Hopefully lucrative for him and the club fully support him where possible, potentially good for both of us 

• Like 2

On 02/05/2020 at 20:29, gurru991 said:

Never understood the London appeal, I hate London.  From my 20s, 30s and now 40s I've never enjoyed London.  I've worked in Sydney, London and the West Midlands area as my base and I hated London.  I was lucky as well given my career to enjoy a lot of corporate freebies, business and social scene but didnt take away that I didnt see the interest in London.  Did the same in Sydney and it was amazing, that was a major difference in environment that made a difference but London for me didnt make much difference compared to the West Midlands.  Maybe that is just me and what I enjoy.  Maybe the corporate culture is different from the football, fashion and socialite scene.....I know there is a big difference as my Aussie friends will only live in London but I just dont get it.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Never understood the London appeal, I hate London.

I live in London and hate it.

If I had a footballers salary I’d probably love it here. The Catch 22 is I wouldn’t be able to enjoy myself that much if I was a sportsman.

Basically I agree and wouldn’t want to live in London as a player, but would love it when retired with a lot of cash.

10 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I live in London and hate it.

If I had a footballers salary I’d probably love it here. The Catch 22 is I wouldn’t be able to enjoy myself that much if I was a sportsman.

Basically I agree and wouldn’t want to live in London as a player, but would love it when retired with a lot of cash.

but then I'd be living back in Sydney or go to NY or somewhere else.  I just dont see the appeal, if you are broke then it's too expensive, if you are a mid-worker it's too expensive, if you are a corporate high flyer it can be great and if you are rich, there are better places in the world that have similar things.  In it's category, the type of city it is, it is poor.

If I had a lot of cash I can think of many places I'd rather be than there. 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

If I had a lot of cash I can think of many places I'd rather be than there. 

but under the restrictions of being a PL player?

young and rich so picking a city over the Cheshire mansion, London vs other UK cities is CL vs non league (sadly)

if you were foreign young and rich then I would guess that London is probably the only UK city that you know exists

On 02/05/2020 at 11:17, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Can I just add I didn't expect Villa to be relegated at all. 

Can I add that I didn't either !! 

Â