Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's difficult to take you seriously with some of your opinions, SGC.
They vary from, 'Delfouneso will be better than Drogba' and, 'John Terry was overrated'. 

How can we give anything credence when your hyperbole is so often wrong? I've never known any other poster be so wide of the mark on so many things. You can use the example of Grealish becoming brilliant for us but even a broken clock is right twice a day..

Don’t give me credence chap, berate me or maybe even better a middle ground 

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don’t give me credence chap, berate me or maybe even better a middle ground 

You're certainly one to talk about middle ground....!
Let's have it right, you said Delfouneso would be better than Drogba and Hepburn-Murphy will be skippering the English national side soon...

You crazy cat. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

You're certainly one to talk about middle ground....!
Let's have it right, you said Delfouneso would be better than Drogba and Hepburn-Murphy will be skippering the English national side soon...

You crazy cat. 

I don’t remember saying that about RHM, edit- you mean because I said that he could have a similar impact to Kane because Kane didn’t have a good time out on loan but then hit the ground running when he went back to Spurs. If he is given an opportunity in our first team, i.e an extended run in his natural position of centre forward, he could be excellent for us, who knows how far he could go? The sky is the limit 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Now people...play nice. We're back in the PL and are signing lots of (hopefully) good players; we're owned by 2 guys who have a lot of money and who  have (1 at least) a history of successful ownership of a sport club. We're managed and captained by on of our own, and our parents never made us support them lot down the road.

Some views on here can be a little extreme, and certainly hyperbole is never in short supply. But I think we're all on the same side and need to be kind to those who have a different take to our own.
Unless it's @Delphinho123 and his disappointing Wednesday's (day not club) ;)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Now people...play nice. We're back in the PL and are signing lots of (hopefully) good players; we're owned by 2 guys who have a lot of money and who  have (1 at least) a history of successful ownership of a sport club. We're managed and captained by on of our own, and our parents never made us support them lot down the road.

Some views on here can be a little extreme, and certainly hyperbole is never in short supply. But I think we're all on the same side and need to be kind to those who have a different take to our own.
Unless it's @Delphinho123 and his disappointing Wednesday's (day not club) ;)

Hey,

Don't talk to me like that. 

While we can all find some common ground in the idea that certain posters may have a tendency to over egg the pudding a bit when discussing the youth players, I fail to see how the opinions of what is the equivalent of 'some bloke down the pub' can be held accountable for benefitting/not benefitting them at all in their career progress.

55 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What he does with that ability from here will mostly be in his own hands. 

exactly.

12 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I know everyone likes to laugh about about SGC hyperbole, but in all honesty whenever I don't know about a player and someone throws out the "what kind of player is he" question on their thread, SGC is always there with good accurate descriptions of their position and playstyle and that's normally the post I'm scrolling to find.

Just because he ends those posts with "he's a brilliant talent, could go all the way" shouldn't discredit his descriptions of the players. It's not his fault if these players don't continue to develop or reach their potential.

Literally every youth player could go all the way. Did anyone really think a 4 foot nothing kid from Argentina would be the greatest player of all time. Technique us something anyone can develop so of course a player could go all the way. It is the reason why el ghazi draws so many Ronaldo comparisons because of his size strength and power. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

I know everyone likes to laugh about about SGC hyperbole, but in all honesty whenever I don't know about a player and someone throws out the "what kind of player is he" question on their thread, SGC is always there with good accurate descriptions of their position and playstyle and that's normally the post I'm scrolling to find.

Just because he ends those posts with "he's a brilliant talent, could go all the way" shouldn't discredit his descriptions of the players. It's not his fault if these players don't continue to develop or reach their potential.

It's easy to criticise and offer absolutely nothing in return. +1 for the SGC fanclub. 

I enjoy reading the opinions of those that go and watch the youth teams play because it's something I've never done, or ever would. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

It's easy to criticise and offer absolutely nothing in return. +1 for the SGC fanclub. 

I enjoy reading the opinions of those that go and watch the youth teams play because it's something I've never done, or ever would. 

Likewise! A good, wholesome hyperbole makes the day, as far as I'm concerned. Do carry on, good Sir.

• Like 1

I've only seen Ramsey a couple of times but he seemed to flit in and out of the games, a bit like Gary Gardner used to when I saw him as a youngster. It strikes me that the transition from young with a lot of potential to good first team player is one which requires thoughtful management. You can look at a lot of players who have come through at various clubs and the route often varies. Most require a variety of experiences, which may mean loans, others take a different route. How the management of this is done in terms of that football education is more complex than I think many realise and has got a lot more difficult as this supposedly simple game has developed. For me it's about thoughtful management and the player's mental strength, physical development, their own personal drive and learning ability (football wise). Some don't seem to learn anything and think they don't need to, some learn quick. Fast youngsters often don't learn because their pace gets them out of trouble (that to me is why Gareth Barry was so good, he was so slow he had to develop techniques to overcome that issue). Some overseas players, particularly those from poorer backgrounds in Africa and South America seem to develop quicker, perhaps because of tougher backgrounds with less of a sense of entitlement perhaps and more of a determination to learn fast and work hard. Ramsey could well have a future but I think the jury's out howeverSmith and his team seem to have more nous than many previous management teams in getting youngsters out on loan at an earlier age and developing players so I am hopeful.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â