Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

17 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Attacking midfielder, scores a lot of goals from that position. He’s very good at running at players and causing havoc. I thought he looked more than decent in his brief cameo for our first team, plenty more to come from him I think

Sometimes I think you overhype our youth system but Ramsay is definitely one I'm excited about

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Sometimes I think you overhype our youth system but Ramsay is definitely one I'm excited about

Unfortunately, while he probably means well, he does them no favours. Quite the contrary in fact. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Different positions, so hard to compare them 

Just in a general 'quality level' rating, from 1-10, low to high, would you consider him to be as good as Didier Drogba (1) or Lionel Messi (10) ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you say that?

Because while it's a good thing to be positive about youths and giving them a chance, it's not necessarily a good thing to hype them above their station. It will definately heap more pressure on them, or give them the idea they don't need to work as hard, or maybe even that they better than they in reality are. In my opinion. And you always do this. I've yet to see a player from our academy signing a contract or going out on loan who is utterly brilliant and the next best thing since Cahill, according to you. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

I can just see the academy players now. All huddled round an iPhone at BMH wondering what SGC has said about them lately to see if they need to up their efforts in training. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Because while it's a good thing to be positive about youths and giving them a chance, it's not necessarily a good thing to hype them above their station. It will definately heap more pressure on them, or give them the idea they don't need to work as hard, or maybe even that they better than they in reality are. In my opinion. And you always do this. I've yet to see a player from our academy signing a contract or going out on loan who is utterly brilliant and the next best thing since Cahill, according to you. 

Grealish?

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s brilliant, he carries our team, without him when he was injured last season, we were terrible

I agree. What's your point? 

Anyway, I didn't mean to make a big deal of it, I just find the constant over praisal of our youth players a bit OTT and something that definately won't benefit them. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I agree. What's your point? 

Anyway, I didn't mean to make a big deal of it, I just find the constant over praisal of our youth players a bit OTT and something that definately won't benefit them. 

I used to get ripped to shreds on here by some when I said that certain players weren’t good enough, they were subsequently released 

It's difficult to take you seriously with some of your opinions, SGC.
They vary from, 'Delfouneso will be better than Drogba' and, 'John Terry was overrated'. 

How can we give anything credence when your hyperbole is so often wrong? I've never known any other poster be so wide of the mark on so many things. You can use the example of Grealish becoming brilliant for us but even a broken clock is right twice a day..

39 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I used to get ripped to shreds on here by some when I said that certain players weren’t good enough, they were subsequently released 

Wait, what?  Which players weren't good enough?!

Â