Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

Can’t ya JJ blinkers on…probably had your Andre Green blinkers on too back in the day.

Wow. 
Did you just compare Jacob Ramsey to Andre Green 🤣...

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Because neither Diaby, Bailey or Zaniolo can play on the left. 

We have bugger all options on the left and he's the best of them. 

They can and have. 

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

None of that is true tho so you’re not really telling it as it is.

I’m exaggerating the touches, but not the attacks. Any attacks that got to him either ended with a poor finish or an awful decision or pass. 

Incredibly frustrating. 

he’s such a good player, but he’s absolutely miles off it at the moment

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Wow. 
Did you just compare Jacob Ramsey to Andre Green 🤣...

Nope just the fact ur probably one of the same crowd who never would have a bad word said against a home grown player. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I’m exaggerating the touches, but not the attacks. Any attacks that got to him either ended with a poor finish or an awful decision or pass. 

Incredibly frustrating. 

I voted him man of the match, and generally I find I agree with you on a lot things on how we've played - I thought he carried the fight in the first half and was able to bring the ball from deep into dangerous areas - yep, he made some poor decisions at times when he got there, but most of the good things we did came through him or Bailey.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is it.

50 pence feet today. But he was more like his old self driving forwards so that was good.

We had a far better threat with him and Moreno on the left for the first time this season

• Like 2

Just now, Mark_1989 said:

Nope just the fact ur probably one of the same crowd who never would have a bad word said against a home grown player. 

Huge presumption. 

And yes, you did just compare JJ to Andre Green. Crikey. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I voted him man of the match, and generally I find I agree with you on a lot things on how we've played - I thought he carried the fight in the first half and was able to bring the ball from deep into dangerous areas - yep, he made some poor decisions at times when he got there, but most of the good things we did came through him or Bailey.

I’d argue the good things came TO Ramsey. Which is down to his positioning in part I’ll admit. 

But when they got to him he ended most attacks. 

I genuinely think giving him MOTM is insulting to someone like Luiz who was excellent

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Incredibly frustrating. 

I understand your point and felt the same in the game most of our best moments seem to fall to him and he couldn’t capitalise. But even though it was frustrating it’s also kind of encouraging (if I can hold back the terrible bubbling anger at losing to this mob AGAIN). 

It’s encouraging that he was in those positions time and again, we played much much better today overall and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that JJ was a part of that. 

He’s off it but not by miles in my opinion and nearer to being back on it than Diaby, and Zaniolo in respective order. Whoever decides to show us what a brilliant player they are first. I hope they do it sooner rather than later. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

I understand your point and felt the same in the game most of our best moments seem to fall to him and he couldn’t capitalise. But even though it was frustrating it’s also kind of encouraging (if I can hold back the terrible bubbling anger at losing to this mob AGAIN). 

It’s encouraging that he was in those positions time and again, we played much much better today overall and I don’t it’s a coincidence that JJ was a part of that. 

He’s off it but not by miles in my opinion and nearer to being back on it than Diaby, and Zaniolo in respective order. Whoever decides to show us what a brilliant player they are first. I hope they do it sooner rather than later. 

Can’t argue with that. Good post

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’d argue the good things came TO Ramsey. Which is down to his positioning in part I’ll admit. 
But when they got to him he ended most attacks. 

I'd say an awful lot of our attacks were instigated by Ramsey picking the ball up deep and driving with it to the edge of the box (where the trouble starts), I think a lot of good things were started by Ramsey, even if most of those good things came to nothing (sometimes because of him and sometimes after he'd passed it along). 

I also thought Luiz was very good and there were a few candidates for MoTM, I think having Ramsey down as insulting to others is probably a bit strong.

I haven't watched the game back, so it might be one of those where things become clearer/look different on TV, but I think he was amongst our better players on the night.

Not that it particularly matters - I suspect we'd both have been happier if he'd farted about like a half fit Ross McCormack and had two go in off his arse.

• Like 3

He was both the reason we cut them apart and the reason we didn’t stick 3 past them. 

Hes started 4 matches this year and it shows but the sooner he’s up to speed, the better off we will be. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah agreed I voted for Ramsey for MOTM too and he clearly played well.

I think when you compare how Tielemans played vs both Chelsea and Newcastle Ramsey was miles better today.

He stretched the play, was a constant threat and gave us some pace to our attacks on both sides.

Looking forward to seeing more end product but really good signs today. UTV!

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

Gave him MOTM.

Yeah - he needs to find his shooting boots again, and some composure in the box (that break away where Bailey played him in - he just blew it, sadly).

But he made the difference in midfield compared to our last 2 home games and is a large reason we played so well in comparison - even if the result didn't go our way.

• Like 2

Mings, Moreno and Ramsey were brilliant together towards the back end of last season. Unfortunately we’ve not been able to play all three together this season. Today I thought Moreno and Ramsey looked bright and were more like they were last season. If you replace Pau for Mings I think we will see another improvement as he’s a better passer and does things early. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2

Â