Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Selling Ramsey for us has so many factors to it. He's home grown and we need those for Europe. He's loved by fans and selling him would upset a lot of fans more than any other sale. We would also need to replace him. 

Remember though, just because teams are interested in a player of ours really doesn't matter in relation to us wanting to sell.

Devil's advocate. Been off it after injury. Was off it several games last season near the end but came good for the run for ECL spot. If we need to sell key squad player in summer that was FFP advantageous rather him than Luiz Watkins Martinez for example. Not sure he'd have major suitors since injury that's reoccurred

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

There are going to have to be serious decisions made in regards to getting money in, I'm not sure if we are going to like them but they are needed medium and long term.

Unfortunately ramsey makes sense as did Grealish. 

This game is rigged!

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

I remember Gregg Evans getting absolutely ripped into for daring to suggest that Villa were quite wary of FFP/P&S and business could reflect that.

Aged well.

Yeah fair call

Just now, Wainy316 said:

If it absolutely had to be one of Luiz, Kamara or Ramsey though....?

That said, Newcastle can **** right off!

Ramsey all day long I'm afraid to say. Newcastle link is bollocks though as they don't have a pot to piss in with FFP allegedly

• Like 1

It feels like an absolute no brainer to sell him if we get a decent enough offer. (£50m+) We simply dont have any choice. He has hardly been a factor in the success we have had to this point this season. It is just the realities of the modern game. We all hate selling home grown players and players who have come through the ranks. With the way FFP works we could strengthen massively in other areas like RB or attacking options. He just isnt irreplaceable in the way Grealish was. Hasn't played anywhere close to the same level. 

39 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's home grown and we need those for Europe.

this is overlooked by a lot of folks too. we don't have many of them at all

Wouldn't even consider selling him unless the offer was stupid. Had a disappointing season so far but it's fairly easy to put that down to the injuries/lack of pre-season. 

He's a funny one. I don't want to sell him, but I can see why it would be considered if we're getting a big fee for him.

I'm not sure he's actually THAT good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He's a funny one. I don't want to sell him, but I can see why it would be considered if we're getting a big fee for him.

Struggles with the more intricate side of the game and that's why I wouldn't be too devastated if he went.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Same, Whatever people see in him I don't see it. He's a decent player, he makes good forward runs but he doesn't control possession the way you would expect a midfielder to. Maybe he will improve with age. 

• Like 1

I really like Ramsey but his direct style of play is one that will lead to a lot of injuries as we’ve already seen. I have a feeling he will be hampered by injuries every season. 

If we can get good money and it helps with FFP it wouldn’t be the worst sale in the world. Obviously would rather we kept him. 

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

50m is too cheap. out of form since injury, yes, but the bang in form JJ is worth more than that

I'd bite hand off for 50m no joke

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

The only way Emery would be happy to sell is if JJ's fitness/availability outlook for the future is deemed poor. If he's thought of internally as being a real injury threat in the long term, then 50m would be a good deal. But there's no way this happens based on his quality and output alone, and I don't believe we are that close to falling foul of FFP in the next 1-2 years.

Buying Diaby for 50m and selling JJ for the same would be madness IMO, especially considering JJ is homegrown 

43 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I remember Gregg Evans getting absolutely ripped into for daring to suggest that Villa were quite wary of FFP/P&S and business could reflect that. Not aged too well.

Wouldn't expect this to happen mind, but to accuse Ornstein of being some kind of clickbait merchant is miles off the mark.

People are so set on hating Gregg Evans is that they can't admit he got something right, even when it's as trivial as 'Villa are in difficulties with the same rules causing everyone else difficulties' and basically anyone at the club could have told him that. 

How much trouble are we in? Well, Ornstein's article may be worded in a misleading way, but he makes it sound like a lot: 'But funds must be raised before the end of June to stay compliant with profit and sustainability rules and that has alerted suitors, who believe offers above £50million will at least be contemplated. Should Villa decide to keep Ramsey, there are other ways in which the money could be found [selling Jhon Duran].' (highlight mine)

• Like 1

Â