Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Danny Murphy just had to make the point about bursting onto the scene under Steven Gerrard didn’t he, Dean Smith gets no credit 

Yeah this annoyed me. Danny Murphy is and  always has been a massive word removed. I tend to dismiss everything he says. 

MOTD rightly focussing on his excellent play in the 2nd half. He drives with the ball and that creates for us. McGinn is key to the midfield I think as he was tucking in as a 2 sometimes when Kamara or Luiz got forward so that versatility and all rounder that McGinn is helps.

I just feel the midfielder 4 we played yesterday is the go to away from home. 

12 minutes ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Made me so mad but Danny Murphy is a word removed so this is just typical form for him..

Additionally, I imagine others noticed that they also had a massive image of Aaron as the background. 

16 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Thought he was not really at it first half but second half looked like the J we know he can be. He is excellent at travelling with the ball and he got us up the pitch a few times. 

I am sure he will be a player who will be in the side more often than not under Emery and is not someone I expect to see replaced in the summer.

Its a bit of a slight issue with Ramsey that he does take a while to get into games. Sometimes first 20/30 minutes can pass him by

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Danny Murphy just had to make the point about bursting onto the scene under Steven Gerrard didn’t he, Dean Smith gets no credit 

Ramsey did burst onto the scene under Gerrard though. Smith gave him his opportunity. Just because you hate Gerrard doesn't mean facts aren't facts.

I also don't understand why someone who gave his all but wasn't up to it, wasn't good enough in Gerrard should be hated. As a cross section of society, football fans are pretty **** awful people.

Edited by CVByrne

33 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ramsey did burst onto the scene under Gerrard though. Smith gave him his opportunity. Just because you hate Gerrard doesn't mean facts aren't facts.

I also don't understand why someone who gave his all but wasn't up to it, wasn't good enough in Gerrard should be hated. As a cross section of society, football fans are pretty **** awful people.

Wasn't he well established in our team before Gerrard? In that case Smith deserves credit, not Gerrard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I don’t hate Gerrard but it’s Dean Smith that did the ground work, minutes here and there and actually had the guts to give him an opportunity.  He didn’t even start the first game under Gerrard it was Mcginn , Luiz , Nakamba , Luiz got injured and he stumbled across a good player then Ramsey started to get media attention as the next Steven Gerrard and to be fair Gerrard handled the media well and didn’t add any unnecessary pressure on him. But my point was Danny Murphy needing to draw attention to his mate, Murphy the man who publicly criticised us for sacking Gerrard and said there’s no chance Emery would succeed at Villa.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

He'd been 'on the scene' for a while - though he first hit real goalscoring form under Gerrard it's true. 

But if Gerrard wasn't Murphy's mate he wouldn't have said it.

As to hating Gerrard, hate is perhaps strong but I can totally see why he is disliked. 

He played terrible football, misused our best players, talked down the club, signed ageing players on high wages which we are now stuck with, was on the way to getting us relegated, and to top it all off he picked a fight with one of our best players and club ambassadors Tyrone Mings, all the while coming across as aloof and arrogant despite having zero coaching ability. 

To put it another way, what more could he have done to make the fans dislike him? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes but you can't play 4 midfielders at home. Today was the right game for him but next week you'll need a bit more creativity in the team so I think it has to be either him or Mcginn for the other midfield slot assuming kamara and Luiz stay in the side

Ramsey has a much higher ceiling than Luiz and McGinn, and Kamara is our best player. But for us to maximise his potential, a bit like Jack, we need to play him and develop him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Ramsey has a much higher ceiling than Luiz and McGinn, and Kamara is our best player. But for us to maximise his potential, a bit like Jack, we need to play him and develop him.

If Guendouzi comes in then they will be fewer opportunities for Ramsey as he would take his place in the team. The way McGinn is playing I can't see him being dropped either. 

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

In fairness I wouldn't say he burst onto the scene under Gerrard. He was already well established in the first team before SG arrived. In 20/21 season he made 22 prem league apps. In the 11 league games Smith managed of the 21/22 season he played in 10 of those games (starting 6). The one game he wasn't in the squad he was injured. 

He started 5 of the 10 games at the start of the 21/22 season So 50%. He didn't start any of the last 4 games under Smith. Then under Gerrard he started every game (100%) he was fit for the remainder of the season and won his end of season awards for his form under Gerrard. That was his breakout season. 

Â