Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, useless said:

A few misplaced passes aside I thought he had a good game against Southampton, doesn't really deserve to be dropped based on his performance, that said could understand if we decided to take him out the team for a break at some point as often happens with young players even when playing well as can do them good, but I don't think against Leeds would be the right time to do it

Yeah I was thinking maybe Buendia could play instead of JJ for a week as now an 8 is expected to get forward more with the tweaked system. 

Looks like he still hasn't figured out his role in the new setup. All part of him becoming a more well rounded midfielder so I'm willing to deal with the quiet but solid performances. 

Thought he was good again last night, drives so well with the ball. Starting to look slightly jaded though, his performances whilst still good aren't his excellent standard he set earlier in the season.

A rest on Sunday would probably do him some good ready for Arsenal next weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Thought he was good again last night, drives so well with the ball. Starting to look slightly jaded though, his performances whilst still good aren't his excellent standard he set earlier in the season.

A rest on Sunday would probably do him some good ready for Arsenal next weekend.

good idea, and give Sanson a chance

I would've rested him personally yesterday. Get the feeling he's in the "red zone" a bit currently.

Had flashes yesterday but no more and that's been the theme for a few games.

He certainly knows how to ping a shot into the corners though. Think the goal v Arsenal gave him that confidence in able to pass balls into the net as he also did similar for one of the Leeds goals.

Yes double figures from a CM in prem is very good going, look at the scoring chart and there's very few players even close to 15 goals currently.

Sometimes you think he should be dropped/rested, but the issue is that, he's always potentially got a bursting run through opposition to create a goal, or the ability to score one himself.

Pete from Holy Trinity raised the point that it's a catch 22, between letting him play through rough patches, to develop, learn, and gain experience, or pulling him, and potentially denting his confidence.

45 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sometimes you think he should be dropped/rested, but the issue is that, he's always potentially got a bursting run through opposition to create a goal, or the ability to score one himself.

Pete from Holy Trinity raised the point that it's a catch 22, between letting him play through rough patches, to develop, learn, and gain experience, or pulling him, and potentially denting his confidence.

His played a lot of minutes this season so at some point it makes sense to rest him. Not sure that would be denting his confidence.

• Like 2

Looked fine to me. If anything it's the current setup that is holding him back. Can't make those line busting runs when he has to cover for the FB on his side. Made sense with Digne but with Young probably not as much. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Looked fine to me. If anything it's the current setup that is holding him back. Can't make those line busting runs when he has to cover for the FB on his side. Made sense with Digne but with Young probably not as much. 

Agree

Last 2 games I thought he's looked better and actually good once we've made the ings change 2nd half, seems to have more freedom to get forward 

Â