Formula One - 2019

BOF

6 of one and half a dozen of the other, i’d have liked the stewards to give Vettel benefit of the doubt. Would have made for better end to the race too.

The meltdown was funny though, love him remove the 1 from in front of the Mercedes 🤣

I’ve said it before, but I’m pretty sure every driver dislikes Lewis. Probably most of the “crew” too.

33 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Not sure what Vettel could have different there

joined the track off the racing line, he turned hard right after joining to drive across the track putting his car in front of Hamilton as he was about to pass. Whether that’s against the rules I don’t know but it does seem quite shady.

Edited by a m ole

He turned right to control the car as you turn into the skid, I think he thought Hamilton was going to take him on the inside.....

Not really a Better fan but by God Ferrari are making it easy for Hamilton this year.

so if Anwar is running through, the defender slips on his arse and takes anwar out. Is it a penalty? Sure the defender didn't mean to do it, where was he supposed to go. Anwar didn't do anything wrong. Because of the collision he couldn't get his shot away. Is it a penalty?

I'm no fan of Vettel, but feel he was hard done by - much like Sissoko for spurs in the CL final.

Both decisions are probably text book correct, but you can feel sorry for them both (well... maybe for Sissoko 😉)

By the rules it's a penalty. 

Seb hasn't been able to deal with pressure for years, though. All Lewis has to do is follow him around the track, Seb will inevitably end up off the track, crash or spin.

How many years are left on his deal? Ferrari need a change. 

I hate Vettel but he seems a little hard done by there.

To me the only question is did he deliberately squeeze Hamilton as he rejoined? if the answer to that is yes then I can see why it's a penalty. If the answer is no then I don't think it is.

I can't decide myself.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate Vettel but he seems a little hard done by there.

To me the only question is did he deliberately squeeze Hamilton as he rejoined? if the answer to that is yes then I can see why it's a penalty. If the answer is no then I don't think it is.

I can't decide myself.

It is very hard!

By the letter of the law its a penalty imo but you have to remember its a motor race and inevitably there are "racing" incidents within that. I don't think what he did had any malicious intentions its just the way events played out. That makes me lean towards no penalty but when you read what Hamilton said after the race I go back to thinking yes its a penalty again.

"If you try to force a guy into a wall, are you saying you shouldn't get a penalty for that? I was going to crash with him, so I had to brake.

"I was just driving the normal line so I shouldn't have been in that position of being close to crashing. It was his responsibility to avoid that, but it ended up being mine. So because of that I lost a chance of passing.

Vettel hard done by, but the bloke is a cock and I love seeing this. Doubt he was complaining when the team were doing all they could to hold Leclerc back, or the same with Red Bull and Webber.

So yeah, silly decision... But deserved for karma.

In car cam clearly shows that Vettel was still trying to regain control of the car. What chance do we have for those battles we all remember from the past, if this kind of incident results in a rubbish finish in the place of a classic battle.

Honestly think that they once they knew that they couln't overtake Seb they should have told Hamilton to slow down on the final lap to let Seb win.

Crap penalty, Sure they nearly ended up in the wall but he couldn't do anything else, People saying why didn't Seb stop and let him pass before getting back on the track etc? Stop on some grass 3 meters long when you're going over 100mph? Absolute shite.

& rather unsurprisingly the Kubica experiment has failed miserably. Fair enough the car is shit but he can't drive it with 1 arm

Edited by LakotaDakota

25 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Honestly think that they once they knew that they couln't overtake Seb they should have told Hamilton to slow down on the final lap to let Seb win.

Crap penalty, Sure they nearly ended up in the wall but he couldn't do anything else, People saying why didn't Seb stop and let him pass before getting back on the track etc? Stop on some grass 3 meters long when you're going over 100mph? Absolute shite.

& rather unsurprisingly the Kubica experiment has failed miserably. Fair enough the car is shit but he can't drive it with 1 arm

I don't get this argument of its racing what else could Vettel do... 

He broke too late and cut the corner, in doing so he was out of control when he rejoined the tarmac forcing Hamilton to brake to avoid crashing into him. 

On Kubica I completely agree, a good story for him fighting back from what happened but being outpaced week in week out by Russell, he shouldn't be in f1 anymore when Ocon is without a drive

The whole Kubica thing is becoming a but embarrassing. You can't routinely be finishing that far behind your teammate. 

Whoever they plan to have his seat for next year, just bring them in now. 

I think the Kubica thing is made slightly more awkward by the high profile of the driver involved, and to some extent the current low profile of Williams.  It would take Kubica himself to walk away at this point I think.  Dumping him after 7 races of a comeback of that magnitude would be seen as a shitty thing to do, even by F1 standards.  I'm sure there are discussions happening behind closed doors though.  If we can see it, so can they.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

I think the Kubica thing is made slightly more awkward by the high profile of the driver involved, and to some extent the current low profile of Williams.  It would take Kubica himself to walk away at this point I think.  Dumping him after 7 races of a comeback of that magnitude would be seen as a shitty thing to do, even by F1 standards.  I'm sure there are discussions happening behind closed doors though.  If we can see it, so can they.

If Frank was still in charge, he would slit Kubica's throat in the middle of the pitlane. Claire is running that team into the ground.

Edited by villakram

A second Honda power-up.  RBR & STR getting a power boost for France :):thumb:

French GP: Honda introduce new engines for Red Bull, Toro Rosso

"Power increase" for both Red Bull cars, plus Kvyat's Toro Rosso, in France, but Honda not yet at Mercedes and Ferrari levels

Honda are introducing a more powerful engine for Red Bull and Toro Rosso at this weekend's French GP as the Japanese manufacturer continues its quest to close up on Mercedes and Ferrari.

skysports-max-verstappeen-red-bull_46901

Although Honda say they have "not yet matched the figures from the manufacturers currently leading the championship", they expect their second engine upgrade of the season to deliver a "power increase" over the version raced in Canada.

Both Red Bull drivers, Max Verstappen and Pierre Gasly, will run the upgrade, plus Daniil Kvyat for Toro Rosso - although this will trigger a 10-place grid penalty for the Russian driver as he has already used the maximum three engines this season.

Alex Albon, who is also already at his 2019 engine limit, will continue with the previous specification for now.

"The changes to the previous specification are mainly around the ICE and the turbocharger," explained Honda's technical director Toyoharu Tanabe.

"Our test bench data shows a power increase over the previous version of our PU, however we know that we have not yet matched the figures from the manufacturers currently leading the championship.

"But it's a step in the right direction and we will continue our development throughout the rest of the season, calling on the resources of the whole company."

Can Red Bull challenge Mercedes and Ferrari?
After beating Ferrari on the road with one of their cars in Spain and Monaco, Red Bull slipped back to a clear third place in Montreal behind the Scuderia and runaway championship leaders Mercedes.

But the team believe they are continuing to make improvements to the RB15 as they push to get closer to victory contention.

"We maximised things in Canada and we are working hard to improve all aspects," said Max Verstappen.

"I feel comfortable in the car so I hope we will be able to challenge the frontrunners more closely in France."

Â