Formula One - 2019

BOF

In fact, I think I watched a contest where the drivers had to drive as slowly as possible so that a timer had run down before they crossed a line at the end of the lap. 

Sainz and Leclerc got it all wrong and went over the line before the clock had counted down. Haha, what a pair of losers!

Only mclaren used the tow effectively and it only got sainz into q2 and without the tow in q3 he still got 7th on the grid

That was pathetic today, especially when the 2 that held up the field initially were in a Renault and a racing point hardly going to trouble the front of the grid

29 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Vettel is a clown.

In his defence, as Brundle said, with the HANS device & the high sides on the cockpit he had no way of turning his head to see who was coming.  So you either wait to be waved on by a marshall or you hope anyone coming predicts what you're gonna do. 

Bottas you are hopeless

I really don't get why they kept him on, Hamilton was on the gearbox of that ferrari all race, Bottas on fresher rubber couldn't get near it. 

Edited by Jimzk5

Wow. What a win that is. Absolutely fantastic. The manner of that win is very significant. A peak Vettel would not have won that.  Leclerc has arrived properly this week I think. Cracking race. 

54 minutes ago, BOF said:

In his defence, as Brundle said, with the HANS device & the high sides on the cockpit he had no way of turning his head to see who was coming.  So you either wait to be waved on by a marshall or you hope anyone coming predicts what you're gonna do. 

Considering what happened at spa last week with a car coming back onto the track (unintentionally) resulting in a fatality it was incredibly stupid by both Vettell and stroll to rejoin the track like that

4 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Considering what happened at spa last week with a car coming back onto the track (unintentionally) resulting in a fatality it was incredibly stupid by both Vettell and stroll to rejoin the track like that

I disagree and I think it's hyperbolic to suggest racers change their nature or behaviour because they're racing soon after a collision. It's either an F1 race or it isn't, and if it is then it's the same rules as every other F1 race. 

Fantastic from Charles today. Great to see him doing everything to make sure Lewis wasn't getting past, loved to see it. Think we're all the same but I just cant wait for a few years time for the Max and Charles rivalry to just take off, will be something else. 

I know I've said this before but again I think it's mental that Bottas has that Merc drive. I just think he's absolutely awful honestly, I genuinely couldn't imagine anyone being worried with Bottas behind them chasing down. I'm no big fan of Lewis but it'd probably help having a competent partner actually make it a challenge.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I disagree and I think it's hyperbolic to suggest racers change their nature or behaviour because they're racing soon after a collision. It's either an F1 race or it isn't, and if it is then it's the same rules as every other F1 race. 

I think its a bit strong saying I'm hyperbole about it, both drivers either couldn't see cars coming, or if they did still chose to rejoin the circuit. Just pointing out this happened a week after hubert died in similar circumstances

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I think its a bit strong saying I'm hyperbole about it, both drivers either couldn't see cars coming, or if they did still chose to rejoin the circuit. Just pointing out this happened a week after hubert died in similar circumstances

The drivers only know one way. I think it's preposterous to suggest they somehow change the way they do things because of the race's proximity to a recent accident. As I said, it's either F1 or it's not. You can't change your approach just like that. It would be just as dangerous to do so. 

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

The drivers only know one way. I think it's preposterous to suggest they somehow change the way they do things because of the race's proximity to a recent accident. As I said, it's either F1 or it's not. You can't change your approach just like that. It would be just as dangerous to do so. 

Fair enough, agree to disagree and onto the next race 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BOF said:

i Would think that if you asked every single driver they would all say "if i die in a race then so be it" Obviously they do not go out of their way to intentionally put themselves/others in danger but all of them are fully aware of the risks and wouldn't be there if they were not prepared to put their life on the line every single time they get in the car. Sure the cars are much safer and there are far, far fewer deaths & even serious injuries than in years gone by but the risks are very real. Probably a little sobering to be reminded of this every once in a while i guess but it's just part of the job as far as they are concerned and doubt they give it much thought 99% of the time

Well, Leclerc deserved to win that imo, but equally I feel they should have made him give the place back to Lewis, especially with it being obvious that Lewis was never going to win on that tyre strategy.

It just feels to me that the win, whilst well earned, is slightly tainted by the inaction of race control.

I also don't understand why Vettel was penalised for rejoining in an unsafe fashion whereas Stroll wasn't.

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Well, Leclerc deserved to win that imo, but equally I feel they should have made him give the place back to Lewis, especially with it being obvious that Lewis was never going to win on that tyre strategy.

It just feels to me that the win, whilst well earned, is slightly tainted by the inaction of race control.

I also don't understand why Vettel was penalised for rejoining in an unsafe fashion whereas Stroll wasn't.

Stroll was penalized wasn’t he? He just got a drive through instead of a stop go which seemed fair because his infraction only came about because Vettel had put him there.

Very impressive win from Leclerc there, he might have pushed the limits a bit but it’s a motor race at the end of the day.

5 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Stroll was penalized wasn’t he? He just got a drive through instead of a stop go which seemed fair because his infraction only came about because Vettel had put him there.

Very impressive win from Leclerc there, he might have pushed the limits a bit but it’s a motor race at the end of the day.

Oh, if Stroll got a penalty then I guess I just missed it. Maybe it wasn't obvious in the highlights (or maybe I wasn't paying attention)

• 2 weeks later...
Â