Formula One - 2019

BOF

ANOTHER Mercedes 1-2. ANOTHER weekend when all we hear is "Ferrari are faster" rubbish. 

When Baku delivers a boring race there's no hope really. Already feel like giving up with this season. 

The Merc spiel that they are fighting a faster car in the Ferrari is wearing a bit thin now, not sure that stands up when they have had 4 lockouts in a row.

Lewis has a proper battle on his hands this season, looks like Bottas is doing a Rosberg and putting everything into this one.

Not much else going on this season really, Ricciardo almost certainly regretting his move also been quite funny seeing money man Stroll doing so badly, such a shame Ocon had to lose his drive to him.

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

ANOTHER Mercedes 1-2. ANOTHER weekend when all we hear is "Ferrari are faster" rubbish. 

When Baku delivers a boring race there's no hope really. Already feel like giving up with this season. 

Not a total disaster for Ferrari. I can't see them being caught in the Friday Championship. The Sunday one looks a stretch though. 

Vettel complaining that the Mercedes success is boring.

I mean, it IS boring. But it's a bit rich coming from the guy responsible for the most boring 4 world championships in a row ever.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2019 at 15:58, AVFCDAN said:

Not much else going on this season really, Ricciardo almost certainly regretting his move also been quite funny seeing money man Stroll doing so badly, such a shame Ocon had to lose his drive to him.

I said this about Riccardo a few weeks ago

Feel your a bit harsh on stroll, he finished 9th after going out in q1 because of yellow flxags, he isn't a bad driver, certainly better than most "pay" drivers (remember Max **** chilton?)

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean, it IS boring. But it's a bit rich coming from the guy responsible for the most boring 4 world championships in a row ever.

Schumchers 5 in row was a lot more boring, iirc in 2 different seasons they turned up with the previous years car and still dominated. 

When you look at 2 of vettels 4 championships they went down to the last race.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Sao Paulo losing the Brazilian gp after this season, a new track being built in Rio to take over.

While Interlagos is a cool track, I believe they hated going there as it's seemingly located in an absolute shithole and isn't run very well.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

While Interlagos is a cool track, I believe they hated going there as it's seemingly located in an absolute shithole and isn't run very well.

Yeah teams often spoke about being ambushed and mugged outside the circuit.

The annoying thing is we lose another old school track with unique corners like the senna s and move onto another tilke designed track with large tarmac run off areas.

2 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Yeah teams often spoke about being ambushed and mugged outside the circuit.

The annoying thing is we lose another old school track with unique corners like the senna s and move onto another tilke designed track with large tarmac run off areas.

Not to mention one of the few counter-clockwise tracks.  Hopefully the new one is counter-clockwise too.

Full suite of races this weekend as Formula 3 joins the other 2 for the first time this season.

tumblr_inline_mv6r51QKqy1r5hxbq.gif

Also, Indy Pro 2000 ... (but I'm probably alone in that one).

On 29/04/2019 at 12:49, Stevo985 said:

I don't disagree with your point, but 2010 is one of the greatest ever seasons. 

If Vettel had any kind of mental strength, he should have won at least one of the last two. 

For our Swedish brethren, an interesting set of results in Indy Pro 2000 at the weekend with 17 year old Gothenburgite, Rasmus Lindh, winning both races and going top of the standings.

@Tegis  @Pelle  @sne

* Probably not a recent photo

lkad98o6tn4ncdcqm6wjoq.jpg

• Like 2

I suppose Verstappen vs The Ferraris has been mildly entertaining but as I'm not particularly a fan of the Dutchman I don't really care how those battles turn out.

The midfield battle just seems more boring than ever this year, it would be vaguely exciting that a relative newcomer in Haas are doing well but its basically a DIY Ferrari so hard to give them too much credit really.

Outside of Hamilton, Vettel and Verstappen who are the superstars really? 

Â