Formula One - 2019

BOF

4 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

There was a show on sky about 3 months ago showing them starting to get ready to turn it into a track

Why does it take 3 months to create it into a race track when other street circuits can do it in a week preceeding the race? 

'Straya mate, we'll do it in our own time when we're good and ready, and when we've finished this slab of VB.

I don't really know to be honest - but aside from the pit lane building (which most of the year is futsal/netball courts), there is literally nothing there but the park. Every single bit of F1 infrastructure has to be brought in and set up from scratch.

• Like 1

Seems nothing much has changed other than Ricciardo & Kimi will probably be a bir further back than usual. Vettel already driving like he is on an ice rink and the season hasn't even started yet.

Surprised the bookies are actually offering 6/4 on Hamilton winning the title, They may aswell just pay out now.

Rather strangely you can actually get better odds on Hamilton winning the race on Sunday than you can on him winning the whole title

Edited by LakotaDakota

After all the talk that ferrari were quickest after testing Vettell ends up 7 tenths off Hamilton, leclerc over a second.

Long season ahead but that's some gap to close 

FIrst race of the season, in a battle for 4th/5th, and Ferrari still wouldn't let Leclerc race Vettel. There's absolutely no way they can tell me he just couldn't get by him.

Real disappointing weekend from Gasly, hoping it was a one off.

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

FIrst race of the season, in a battle for 4th/5th, and Ferrari still wouldn't let Leclerc race Vettel. There's absolutely no way they can tell me he just couldn't get by him.

Real disappointing weekend from Gasly, hoping it was a one off.

Before the start of the season ferrari said they would prioritise Vettell over leclerc.

Ricciardo has made a massive error going to Renault

Mclaren still nowhere now made even worse by ditching Honda who now seem to have an engine that's competitive for the Renault engine thats now the slowest and least reliable in the field.

Williams look like the car was designed on the back of a fag packet.

Hopefully this first race won't be a trend for the season 

Edited by Jimzk5

45 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Before the start of the season ferrari said they would prioritise Vettell over leclerc.

Ricciardo has made a massive error going to Renault

Mclaren still nowhere now made even worse by ditching Honda who now seem to have an engine that's competitive for the Renault engine thats now the slowest and least reliable in the field.

Williams look like the car was designed on the back of a fag packet.

Hopefully this first race won't be a trend for the season 

It makes no sense though at that stage of a season. Ferrari have been hilariously mismanaged for a few years though, and mentally Vettel is toast.

DR didn't move for this season though, more for 2021. Similar to Lewis going to a medicore Mercedes team.

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

DR didn't move for this season though, more for 2021. Similar to Lewis going to a medicore Mercedes team.

Yeah I get that, Mercedes were on the up though when Lewis jumped, got a win a few podiums and polls in his first season. Renault look like success for them will getting into q3

• Like 1

DR must be getting paid a fortune. Can’t really think of another reason why he did it.

Not sure why Lewis was so much slower, when he figures it out they are both going to absolutely vanish in their own race.

Doesnt fill me with excitement for the year ahead. I’ll watch what I can but won’t cancel any plans go watch the races live.

Just finished watching the Netflix F1 series

Really fantastic. Some great insight into how the teams operate away from the track. Hopefully they can get Ferrari and Mercedes on-board for season 2

Edited by Mozzavfc
I'm an idiot

1 minute ago, Mozzavfc said:

Just finished watching the Netflix F1 series

Really fantastic. Some great insight into how the teams operate away from the track. Hopefully they can get Ferrari and McLaren Mercedes on-board for season 2

Merc only said no because Ferrari said no.

There's actually quite an interesting field in this season's Super Formula series in Japan (formerly known as Formula Nippon) (wikilinky)

The main headliner for British interest is inevitable Red Bull F1 racer Dan Ticktum who has (re-)joined Team Mugen Honda.  Joining him in the series is Russia's Artem Markelov who came 5th in F2 last year (winning more races than Lando Norris in the process).  Then there's former F1 racer Kamui Kobayashi.  Last year's champion, Naoki Yamamoto, defends his 2018 title, and there's the guy I'm intrigued by, Sho Tsuboi, who absolutely annihilated last year's Japanese F3 field winning 19 races and coming 2nd in the other 2.  You know him as the guy who was almost decapitated by Sophia Floersch's near earth orbit in this year's Macau GP.  The other British interest is Adrian Newey's son, Harrison Newey who in fairness to him has a few lesser titles under his belt and is debuting in the series this year.

Unfortunately it seems the only way to actually watch the races live from Europe is to subscribe to motorsport.tv.

It's only a 7-race season starting in April with 1 race a month ending in ... you do the maths :P 

The 2019 Japanese Super Formula Championship will be the 33rd season of premier Japanese open-wheel motor racing, and the sixth under the moniker of Super Formula. A preliminary calendar was created on 18 August 2018.[1]

2019 will mark the first season of the Dallara SF19 chassis package, while continuing the engine configuration of the preceding chassis.[2]

Â