Formula One - 2019

BOF

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Farlz said:
Feel sorry for Hulk but at the same time I'm glad to see Ocon back

Yeah, I think (hope) Hulk will be fine, but his age is now counting against him for teams looking to plan more longer term.

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Hulk to Haas, to join K-Mag in the angriest F1 duo of all time.

Grosjean to either have no drive, or maybe Williams?

Grosjean could be used to spice the races up, by being an impartial racer driving in random directions.  Like he does currently, except in a bespoke FIA car.

• Haha 1

I quite like Grosjean but he has been lucky to keep that Haas seat, bet he'll be glad to see the back of Gunter.

Ocon deserves a top seat, shame he couldn't be partnered up with Hamilton but Bottas is a good backup really.

And I see Marcus Ericsson is on standy-by at Alfa Romeo after Kimi injured his leg during the summer break.  No doubt something typically high-octane from our monosyllabic friend.

I'm at Spa and watched it live. I hardly slept last night watching it in my mind over and over. My mate looked at me at the time and said that he thought it was bad, and the fact that it wasn't shown again was a clue. As the ambulances were driving up the Kemmel straight, one of them was going slowly, as if they were working on him. I was told that they drove slowly all the way round to malmedy where the exit was. 

Horrible 

2 hours ago, welnik said:

I'm at Spa and watched it live. I hardly slept last night watching it in my mind over and over. My mate looked at me at the time and said that he thought it was bad, and the fact that it wasn't shown again was a clue. As the ambulances were driving up the Kemmel straight, one of them was going slowly, as if they were working on him. I was told that they drove slowly all the way round to malmedy where the exit was. 

Horrible 

Do you know how Hubert ended up in the barriers in the first pace, ive been watching f1 for over 20 years and I can't remember anyone losing control of the car so far out the exit of eau rouge

2 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Do you know how Hubert ended up in the barriers in the first pace, ive been watching f1 for over 20 years and I can't remember anyone losing control of the car so far out the exit of eau rouge

He was avoiding another car (Alesi I believe) and lost control, spinning in to the barrier.

6 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

It all happened so fast I couldn't tell you. I haven't seen any replays of the incident, its just the absolute carnage I keep seeing. There were loads of people taking videos at the time so I might go look for it on YouTube just to make sense of it all.

Thanks jackbaur, that would make a lot of sense. 

Edited by welnik
Someone knows more than I do (it's not hard)

Spa was another example of why Merc and Hamilton are brilliant and are obviously going to piss the Championship.  A track Ferrari are dominant on, and they beat Hamilton by less than a second.  You have to be at your absolute flawless best to beat Hamilton.  He'll give you nothing for free.   Whereas Ferrari have been dishing out the gifts all season. On tracks where Merc are dominant, you basically won't beat him, and on your tracks he'll keep you very honest.

• Like 1

Well this happened in the F3 at monza earlier. Everyone is fine bar a few bruises but could have been very nasty, especially as there was a bunch of marshalls stood right where he landed.

If you're wondering how the hell this actually happened, well the FIA decided that putting sausage kerbs on the exit of parabolica was a good way to stop drivers exceeding track limits. This has now been removed.

CEdhILQ.gif

Edited by LakotaDakota

Correa has been placed in an induced coma. **** that :( Didn't realise he was quite that serious. Hopefully this is the bit of help his system needs to start repairing itself. Come on JM.

So qualifying was utterly hilarious. The sight of watching the entire field driving as slowly as possible, including some drivers ambling down escape routes, seems to be the new normal in the world's fastest sport. Somehow they've managed to make F1 into even more of a joke. 

Â