Formula One - 2019

BOF

Hands down the worst race I've ever watched. The best action we got was on the final lap between Norris/Danny/Raikkonen/Hulk and they didn't even bloody show it. 

Is it really too much to ask for just 1 good race? That's all I want 

26 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Hands down the worst race I've ever watched. The best action we got was on the final lap between Norris/Danny/Raikkonen/Hulk and they didn't even bloody show it. 

Is it really too much to ask for just 1 good race? That's all I want 

Very rarely do I stop watching mid race but after Vettell stopped closing in on Verstappen I took the kids to the park instead

Got back to see the final few laps and nothing had changed. 

I lost some interest in formula 1 during Schumachers 5 in a row but that was more down to nor liking Schumacher and ferrari

I like Lewis, he is by far the best driver Britain has ever produced and Mercedes are a class above the rest, can't really blame Mercedes for making a majority of races boring it's down to the rest to improve.

I think another reason is this shit tilke designed track again. The tricky corners have large run off areas, bring back the gravel ffs 

It’s not even Mercedes dominance that’s boring as I want Lewis to win anyway but too often this season there’s just nothing going on, not a vintage season by any means. Could do with swapping quite a few tracks out of the calendar as well, today for example was awful, even with DRS and the continued “improvements” in cars following each other there was simply no overtaking to be done.

I think they need to do something with qualifying so that there’s more emphasis on a single lap again where you are going to get people out of position, the timed sessions might be a good spectacle for the weekend but you’re never really putting anyone under pressure to perform over one lap. Tyres don’t seem to be going off anymore either so they aren’t even artificially influencing the race either. the best thing they could do is bring back refueling, I understand why they won’t but that’s the most drastic change they could make without artificially influencing anything.

Edited by AVFCDAN

All the time, effort, money and engineering to get cars racing closer and still boring as shit races.

There was a hint of excitement brewing last week but the steward managed to ruin that.

When you strip back the fanfare and marketing the sport itself is dead.

The only thing I can think that would help is if they could come up with regs that not only closes the gap but forces the engineers to effectively make a choice between straight line and corner speed, using varied tracks that favour one or the other. If the cars are set up differently not only would you see a lot of back and forth on the track but also in the leaderboards.

I notice Lewis H has expressed concern that drivers' input isn't being sought to improve the racing regs.  I know someone who's big into their motorsport design and attended a post-season symposium back in 2009, where major team's engineers expressed exasperation at the garbage designed Tilke tracks (the recent Abu Dhabi GP was described as "a 2 hour light show") allied to the over-reliance on aero-based grip.  That was 10 years ago and we're still bemoaning a lack of "racing action" due to dirty air.

I'm not pinning my hopes of any magic governance and design bullets suddenly improving matters.

I would love if there were no hard rules as there are now - engine size, number of engines a season, tyre regulation, all that crap.

Just a bunch of teams making cars to see who can make the fastest vehicle possible and win the race. That would be amazing.

11 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I would love if there were no hard rules as there are now - engine size, number of engines a season, tyre regulation, all that crap.

Just a bunch of teams making cars to see who can make the fastest vehicle possible and win the race. That would be amazing.

That would just leave Ferrari and Mercedes then. No-one else has the budget to match these two. I know it'll never happen, but I'd like to see every driver in the same car. Then we'd see how good they all are!

Even Hulkenburg might get a podium!!!

Cheers Nick

31 minutes ago, welnik said:

That would just leave Ferrari and Mercedes then. No-one else has the budget to match these two. I know it'll never happen, but I'd like to see every driver in the same car. Then we'd see how good they all are!

Cheers Nick

Maybe some new teams might come up or the new rules might mean better sponsors give money to teams like williams or alfa. Shame we will never see it happen...

54 minutes ago, welnik said:

I know it'll never happen, but I'd like to see every driver in the same car. Then we'd see how good they all are!

I think everyone would like to see that but it's not F1.

• Like 1

Gravel traps, get rid of all these easy off areas. A mistake equals a big time loss or doom.

Re-open Nuremburg and have Tilke hung, drawn and quartered.

Keep Merc/Ferarri out of the decision process on the next regs.

All of these problems, but one has to seriously question what is going on in the other teams and corporations, that 6 years after the intro of the new regs, the Merc power-plant is still light years in front of everyone else. I can't think of a single other field in the world, where competition is allegedly encouraged, where such a clear mechanical advantage persists for such a long period of time. Harkens back to the dark days of Schumacher dominance. Everyone is making money, so who really cares.

On 24/06/2019 at 10:15, welnik said:

Cheers Nick

18 drivers in the same car, how would they fit and who would they be racing against.

On 24/06/2019 at 10:15, welnik said:

Cheers Nick

Remember A1GP? They had the same idea and it folded after 4 years I think.

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrows race.

Vettel in 10th, Hamilton in 5th, Bottas in 3rd, Max in 2nd and LeClarc in first.

It'll be nice if Max can keep up with Ferrari and make a race of it but Ferrari have looked dominant.

Its just nice to have the Merc Monopoly broken even if it is just for one race.

Â