Formula One - 2019

BOF

17 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Pretty much my thoughts. Despite being a fan for something like 14 years now I still have no desire to actually go to a race.

There's no way its worth all the expense of travelling and admission plus all the waiting around and ridiculous numbers of people to deal with all to see a couple of corners on the race track, no thanks.

If I could work it into a bigger trip then maybe.  I was in Budapest once and I could hear them off in the distance.

On 22/05/2019 at 07:01, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Does anyone on here go to watch F1 live ? 

Went to Abu Dhabi a few years back. Really enjoyed the experience and the excellent after-race concerts but the race itself was a bit of a damp squib as the championship had already been decided.

• Thanks 1

Yeah yesterday in isolation was inexcusable. But it's not in isolation. It's the latest in a long line of screw ups and we're not even a third of the way through the season. They've run out of feet to shoot.

• Like 1

Another race which shows why Monaco shouldn't be on the calendar. 

Verstappen once again proving what a tool he is, could've wiped Hamilton out with that lunge which was pointless as he was only ever going to be finishing 4th with his penalty 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Another race which shows why Monaco shouldn't be on the calendar. 

Verstappen once again proving what a tool he is, could've wiped Hamilton out with that lunge which was pointless as he was only ever going to be finishing 4th with his penalty 

Totally agree. As a spectacle I suppose it's right up there but it doesn't work as a race as it's almost impossible to overtake.

19 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Slightly dull race.

Leclerc had the red mist and nearly messed up the race for everyone. Thought he might be a bit more level-headed than that.

No doubt he had the red mist after the team ballsed up he's qualifying at the home race

Monaco is one of the handful of tracks that would greatly benefit from Bernies slightly mad "water the track" idea. Either that or change the tyre rules for some of the street races, Instead of having to use at least 2 compounds only take the ultra soft and stick everyone on them, Forcing teams to do 3/4 stop races isn't really ideal but it would be more interesting . If you have the right tyre/speed advantage there are actually a couple of reasonable places to overtake at monaco and trying to defend on bald tires for 20+ laps simply wouldn't work against someone close behind on a shiny new set of ultras

I can't remember whether it was Chandhok or Davidson who said it in one of the pre-race broadcasts, but I really liked the idea of treating Monaco as a one-off event, a bit like the Indy 500, where the qualifying format becomes completely different to that of every other F1 race.  The reason being, qualifying position is so uniquely important at Monaco that you make qualifying much more of an event in itself.  It makes so much sense from a spectacle point of view.  You either adopt the Indy 500 approach of a week's worth of qualifying (or thereabouts ...) in the week leading up to the race; traffic permitting and it obviously can't be an actual week of it; or at the very least go back to the old qualy system of a full hour or more blasting around trying for that perfect lap. Whatever they were to decide on, they're currently missing a trick by making it the same as everywhere else, because quite plainly it isn't the same.  And why not treat the jewel in the crown a bit more special.

10 hours ago, BOF said:

I can't remember whether it was Chandhok or Davidson who said it in one of the pre-race broadcasts, but I really liked the idea of treating Monaco as a one-off event, a bit like the Indy 500, where the qualifying format becomes completely different to that of every other F1 race.  The reason being, qualifying position is so uniquely important at Monaco that you make qualifying much more of an event in itself.  It makes so much sense from a spectacle point of view.  You either adopt the Indy 500 approach of a week's worth of qualifying (or thereabouts ...) in the week leading up to the race; traffic permitting and it obviously can't be an actual week of it; or at the very least go back to the old qualy system of a full hour or more blasting around trying for that perfect lap. Whatever they were to decide on, they're currently missing a trick by making it the same as everywhere else, because quite plainly it isn't the same.  And why not treat the jewel in the crown a bit more special.

I agree with turning it into some sort of time trial. Would be a great watch. 

I'm dialing out of F1 now, congrats Hamilton! Till next year

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to todays race, think its going to be interesting up and down the grid today, not much between the midfield.

Hoping for a good race from Norris, he's got himself a good position today and can really get his name out there today with a top 8 finish, maybe slightly higher if some of the top teams have a few struggles.

15 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Rubbish penalty decision and Lewis wins, why do I bother 🙄

Ay? 

Vettell cut the corner

And now Vettell is refusing to do the podium..

What a rocket polisher 

Edited by Jimzk5

Â