Match Thread: Villa v Swansea FAC

limpid

1 minute ago, Avcol said:

Couldn't agree more. They cannot perform so poorly over more than half of a championship season and still be 'the best squad in the league', mismanagement or not.

Our defence is woeful with no depth, central midfield is clearly lacking and our forward options are bleak if/when Tammy departs. Lots of mediocre players in an unbalanced squad.

You only have to see his body language, despite the amount of goals he has scored his frustration is easily picked up in a game.....and a good player, will want to play with better ones.

We have players that have been accepted for far too long, for this club to be labelled as ambitious.

I think the announcer just said we made 7 changes for this match and Swansea made 1.  That explains a lot.  

But it’s ok we don’t care about a useless cup anyway, right?

Edited by srsmithusa

O'Hare's been ok. Looked lively. Rushed things a few times but understandable given it's his first start since...when? Last years FA Cup or League Cup? More disappointed Whelan still gets the nod. Most experienced player out there and still hoofs it at the first sign of pressure. Would rather Lansbury or Bjarnason. Kodjia and/or Davis on too. Hogan...well, it's been said si many times.

More shit defending

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I really am beginning to think our squad is not as strong as people make out.

Considering the amount of money we have spunked away its criminal we have gaping holes in so many positions.

Its very difficult to pick out the players who are good enough when some are playing so ineffectively. It would be very easy for even McGinn to stop trying when hes seems to surrounded by others that just either can't be bothered, aren't clever enough to understand whats expected of them or just aren't good enough. And McGinn will be knackered, hes a very good player , best on the pitch despite us playing so badly and Swansea playing well. 

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I really am beginning to think our squad is not as strong as people make out.

Considering the amount of money we have spunked away its criminal we have gaping holes in so many positions.

I think it WAS 2 seasons ago and last season.

The standard of the Championship has steadily improved while our core players have not.

They have arguably since declined.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Not sure what has happened to the crisp 1 and 2 touch passing we saw when Smith 1st got here. It's none existent now.

Thats what happens to your attack when your defence is a sieve.