Match Thread: Villa v Swansea FAC

limpid

Poor first half , Swansea look far more controlled. Our midfield just isn't affective . McGinn is impressive and wins most challenges and is great when we're not in possession but the others just are not performing . El Galzi seems to be good running with the ball but his uncompleted pass rate must be high.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Teams play us as if we are there for the taking.

Sad thing is they are correct.

Obviously I'm dissappointed but I'm not surprised.

Not sure why certain people get so wound up by certain players being shite as if said players are on their debuts. It's nothing new.

Alot of work to be done, and players to be signed, it's going to take time 

It seems like the opposition can see it clearly....do we all have rose tints on?

Edited by TRO

Just now, tinker said:

Poor first half , Swansea look far more controlled. Our midfield just isn't affective . McGinn is impressive and wins most challenges and is great when we're not in possession but the others just are not performing . El Galzi seems to be good running with the ball but his uncompleted pass rate must be high.

but we will kill McGinn if we don't act quickly in the market.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

I really am beginning to think our squad is not as strong as people make out.

Considering the amount of money we have spunked away its criminal we have gaping holes in so many positions.

I am not being smart here....you only have to watch the games.

Pepe and Jurgen would not make this lot function.

They lose form far too easily and go down to levels of performance that you would never think they could reach.

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Considering the amount of money we have spunked away its criminal we have gaping holes in so many positions.

Its my biggest single worry.

Defence still ropey, though improved a fraction. Midfield is the weak link now. We don't hold the ball, we don't pass quick enough, we don't look for space or create it and we ball watch. I spent that whole half screaming at the amount of room their players had to run into. 

• Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

Couldn't agree more. They cannot perform so poorly over more than half of a championship season and still be 'the best squad in the league', mismanagement or not.

Our defence is woeful with no depth, central midfield is clearly lacking and our forward options are bleak if/when Tammy departs. Lots of mediocre players in an unbalanced squad.

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I really am beginning to think our squad is not as strong as people make out

I've said this for a long time. It's not only that people seem to think we have such a great squad, but it's also a case where people underrate a lot of very solid championship footballers in other teams. 

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Not sure what has happened to the crisp 1 and 2 touch passing we saw when Smith 1st got here. It's none existent now.

it started to falter when Grealish was injured, he was pretty critical to the shape and style i think.

We just dont really have any other players capable of a crisp passing game i dont think. (or not many, at least)