Match Thread: Swansea v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Then I stand by my thoughts that there is only so much a manager can do with players. If I were Dean i would put for sale sign around alot of our players necks, they are noticeable the ones that should be moved on and i think some players have hit a brick wall in learning or maintaining what was built up.

Perhaps some of them know they’re on their way out and this is effecting their performance?

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Trying to pass, but McGinn is attempting to do the job of 3 midfielders.  Our wingers have no outlet when they get the ball, are easily double/triple marked, and lose the ball.  Hourihane and Whelan both seem to be fighting over who is the defensive midfielder and don't want to push the ball forward.  

Well its become a common thing where certain players are not fulfilling there roles properly. Other players like Mcginn and Grealish who are noticeable through tough work are having to do three or more jobs at once,, its not fair nor rite..

Those players who have hit dead ends need to be sold, so fresh talent that is championship capable can come in and do what we need them too. I think part of the problem is they are bruce players alot of them, fitting an old style that isn't happening no more. 

If Dean brings a new full back line in January and replaces those that are constantly messing up, and it works, I think it stands to say that we have dead wood in the team.

• Like 1

This is when you need your strikers to be clinical. That was a very poor effort from Abraham after all that good work from Bolasie. McGinn should have scored earlier as well

Played our way back into this, El Ghazi and Bolasie have found a bit of rhythm finally so it's not just Tammy trying to do everything by himself. Everything behind them is still a problem though, outside of McGinn's energy the movement is so lethargic.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 2