Match Thread: Swansea v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I don't see how grealish would make any difference the way we are playing nyland/the defence are just bypassing the midfield completely

If Jack was playing we'd have someone in midfield willing to/capable of offering an outlet and running the midfield. We don't have another player like him that can offer what he does and dictate the way we play.

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

If Jack was playing we'd have someone in midfield willing to/capable of offering an outlet and running the midfield. We don't have another player like him that can offer what he does and dictate the way we play.

We're so easy to defend against right now.  Just double/triple up on Bolasie/El Ghazi and press the hell out of our makeshift defense.  They can't do the first bit if we had Grealish on the pitch.  

Just now, nokesy said:

Not watching the game but sounds like were playing hoofball again, same against leeds. seems smith has no confidence in playing the passing game without Jack

More like this team are ignoring him. I think he will do better when he’s moved some of them out and put players more attuned to his style in.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Whelan and Hourihane in the same midfield is so static. Safe passes. Neither carries the ball forward.  

Whelan always takes the safe option. Joke of a footballer. 

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 2

I'm looking at the stats and it says they have pretty much taken double the shots than us, there possession is double what ours is, actual passes is double to ours and they're pass accuracy is abit more than ours.

Basically it sounds as though they are dominating us, is that true??

Just now, Dave-R said:

I'm looking at the stats and it says they have pretty much taken double the shots than us, there possession is double what ours is, actual passes is double to ours and they're pass accuracy is abit more than ours.

Basically it sounds as though they are dominating us, is that true??

Yes.