Match Thread: Villa v Middlesbrough

limpid

**** me, things change fast don't they? Described as the "entertainers against the pragmatists" and WE were the entertainers :D 

Look good, like the choice of two proper wingers, swapping, playing narrow, coming inside. Tammy looks class. Should have had a penalty, could have scored scored another couple. I think we'll need at least one more, need cool heads now, we don't *need* to be gung-ho about it, patient build up, keep the ball, one and two touch and wait for the opening. We've got everything required to win this. We look great apart from what we all know about the defence...

Vive la brummy revolution :D

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Boro are awful how are they 2nd?

The majority of the league don't have what it takes to break down their defence. They have only conceded 11 goals all season which mean you can win a lot of games 1-0 and crawl up the table. Their defence though isn't designed to stop a team like Villa who just assault them from all angles until something works. 

• Like 1

what the ref is thinking not giving a penalty for the foul on Abraham is anyone’s guess.

incredible 20 mins, followed by more of a fight from Boro. we’re still clearly the better footballing side, but Pulisball is still a danger against Nyland’s critical weakness.

Control the ball and keep making chances we should make it out of this with a few more goals.

Very good first half we mostly bosses them.

But we need to stop dropping back at times, and we are only one up for all that possession and forward play.

Good overall but we prob shod have been 2 up by now and taken a bit of pressure off.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I know Villa have played well first half but I'm really surprised Pulis hasn't got his team testing Nyland more.

I think they are but it hasn’t come off yet. Surprisingly they look to be playing short corners and free kicks to put the ball in from deep, but I think it’s to get our defence to push up and to isolate Nyland then challenge him.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

In the game we won 1-0 last season here in the league we had 11 shots on goal.

In the game we won 1-0 last season here in the playoffs we had 11 shots on goal.

In that half we had 13 shots on goal.

Let’s hope we win. 

• Like 2