Richard O’Kelly

alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Old school. Club moving on. No need for conflicting coaching opinions at the top. No need for 4 Senior coaches.

Contract ending, offered a different role, didn't fancy it, happy to take retirement. Nothing to see here. 

All the best RO'K

Shakespeare strike me as a little old school as well tbf

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

When Shakespeare came in I always thought it was a matter of time before ROK left now it's the case of old man retires and some people losing their minds 

I remember when people were losing their minds when we hired Shakespeare. "Too many personalities!" "Too many cooks in the kitchen!" 

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" The reason ROK left was because he was demoted to coaching the u23s so decided to take retirement "

Apparently.

Now that seems feasible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Shakespeare strike me as a little old school as well tbf

it wasn't so long ago he was the coach to Leicesters title winning side.....It seems to me if you are not Klopp, Guardiola or Tuchel.....you are old school.

not sure what it actually means...even though I can guess what its meant to mean.....its funny how all the "Modern Managers" have all the best players.

When we are not privvy to the daily workings of coaches at BMH ...which we are not.....I don't know how we can be sure, if they are good or not.

I guess results will persuade us one way or the other....If Dean stands by them, I deduce they must be ok.

• Like 1

Anyway, if true it raises some big questions

1) Why?
2) Who was behind the decision to step him down, him and Deano have worked together for years, it would be quite a surprise if Dean asked him to step down after so long together and having already lost Terry
3) If not Dean, I wonder how much more ruthless the higher ups will be this season. I love Dean but if this wasn't his idea it looks very much like now or never for him to take us to Europe

• Like 1

Apparently he left because someone smelt what he was cooking and he didn't like it

But there's a million personal reasons why someone may wish to step down from what is quite an intense job. Seems a great bloke so hope all is okay

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Doesn't sound like it was his decision though...

Highly unlikely it was DS s idea either. A bloke who he has worked with for 10 years and is good mates with. You wouldn't downgrade him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

1) Why?
2) Who was behind the decision to step him down, him and Deano have worked together for years, it would be quite a surprise if Dean asked him to step down after so long together and having already lost Terry
3) If not Dean, I wonder how much more ruthless the higher ups will be this season. I love Dean but if this wasn't his idea it looks very much like now or never for him to take us to Europe

The owners are ambitious and have supported DS with absolutely everything. It stands to reason that he is expected to deliver and if he can't deliver I am sure the owners and CP will look for someone that can deliver

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The owners are ambitious and have supported DS with absolutely everything. It stands to reason that he is expected to deliver and if he can't deliver I am sure the owners and CP will look for someone that can deliver

Precisely.

the pursuit of success can bring casualties, we can't have our cake and eat it.

Richard may have been a great guy, but it could be demands have become more intense....not saying this is the case, but could be.

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Doesn't sound like it was his decision though...

well retirement usually is your decision, unless pressures are applied that you don't favour....then its constructed.

it'll all come out in the wash.....FWIW.

24 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

1) Why?

I'll admit that, I've started to wonder if the higher ups will have Dean under very close scutiny this seasons.

Jacks comments about " being blown away " in 2 days training with Pep/City wasn't a great look either.

I have a feeling they might be now shortening the noose, and play time is over.

Jacks departure will have altered the thought process, plan, and some sentiment IMO.

As other shave said though, it could also just be what it says on the tin.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Precisely.

the pursuit of success can bring casualties, we can't have our cake and eat it.

Richard may have been a great guy, but it could be demands have become more intense....not saying this is the case, but could be.

I completely agree, albeit I would suggest the pursuit of success 'will' bring casualties as opposed to 'can'

I really don't think ROK leaving opens too many questions. From the information available it is simply that the club didn't believe he was the right person for the job and he is no longer in the position. That is how well managed successful companies operate. This is positive news for AVFC

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I really don't think ROK leaving opens too many questions. From the information available it is simply that the club didn't believe he was the right person for the job and he is no longer in the position. That is how well managed successful companies operate. This is positive news for AVFC

Agree. I'm a bit old school though. The head coach chooses his coaching staff. Can't be sure of course but it's hard to believe this was DSs  decision alone.

Â