January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Hutton.

He can literally play any position on the pitch, any team would love to have him.

And Taylor he's elite.

And hourihane he's hard as nails and really gets in there when needed, and totally never throws his hands up and just stands there screaming like a girl as a team breaks on us.

And Elphick the man mountain he's such a monster, all 7ft of him.

And Lansbury he's consistently played a  lot of games, the low level of his injury record would entice anyone to sign such a competent player.

And Hogan, a fox in the box, a steal at 9m quid, he must be worth 20m easy by now.

And kodjia, a regular 20 goal a season man, and on top of that not selfish at all.

And nyland, a towering spectacle of a goalkeeper, hands like glue.

And adomah, scores for fun, loads of assists and goals, swift as the wind and totally not looking like he's running in treacle.

And Thor, the Scandinavian Messi, what a man.

And Richards, close to a come back I hear, we had better offer him another 5 year contract on 50k a week, don't wanna lose the fella.

And jedinak, the spring chicken enforcer.

And Whelan, the young up and coming ball playing defensive midfielder, he could slip in to any team, what a player.

And don't forget toshibola, McCormack and friends, our team is so good we wastes tens of millions on them and their wages, and just send them out on loans cus why not, we are so good we can buy wasters who just milk us for cash while we get promoted back to the prem, jist because we can, we are aston villa.

Have I missed anyone?, man we have the best squad in this league, I have no idea how we struggle with this crop of amazing players, I mean damn we spent tens of millions on these guys and have them whopping salaries to ensure no-one else would ever want to sign them again.

Our team is ELITE!!

you fiend.

no wonder the chips are soggy at Villa Park...you've just pissed on 'em all.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Hutton.

He can literally play any position on the pitch, any team would love to have him.

And Taylor he's elite.

And hourihane he's hard as nails and really gets in there when needed, and totally never throws his hands up and just stands there screaming like a girl as a team breaks on us.

And Elphick the man mountain he's such a monster, all 7ft of him.

And Lansbury he's consistently played a  lot of games, the low level of his injury record would entice anyone to sign such a competent player.

And Hogan, a fox in the box, a steal at 9m quid, he must be worth 20m easy by now.

And kodjia, a regular 20 goal a season man, and on top of that not selfish at all.

And nyland, a towering spectacle of a goalkeeper, hands like glue.

And adomah, scores for fun, loads of assists and goals, swift as the wind and totally not looking like he's running in treacle.

And Thor, the Scandinavian Messi, what a man.

And Richards, close to a come back I hear, we had better offer him another 5 year contract on 50k a week, don't wanna lose the fella.

And jedinak, the spring chicken enforcer.

And Whelan, the young up and coming ball playing defensive midfielder, he could slip in to any team, what a player.

And don't forget toshibola, McCormack and friends, our team is so good we wastes tens of millions on them and their wages, and just send them out on loans cus why not, we are so good we can buy wasters who just milk us for cash while we get promoted back to the prem, jist because we can, we are aston villa.

Have I missed anyone?, man we have the best squad in this league, I have no idea how we struggle with this crop of amazing players, I mean damn we spent tens of millions on these guys and have them whopping salaries to ensure no-one else would ever want to sign them again.

Our team is ELITE!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anybody that says we have the best squad or even one of the best squads in the league is on the wind up. 

On the best ground issue it depends on your perspective. 

If you mean compared to some modern pristine oval with no soul then no. 

If you mean a proper traditional football ground steeped in history then yes. 

Every visit to the new Wembley despite its amazing facilities (though the congestion outside still amazes me for a modern bespoke design) it doesn't leave me in awe like visiting the old decrepit relic. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Woo hoo we’ve got cash to spend, this is great news 

6 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

You are correct it was 14 million Fact

Seriously ? - I didn't think we had that amount of cash at our disposal. Given that Brentford players don't travel well - this is very good news

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

You are correct it was 14 million Fact

Sources or you're just someone who believes crap in the newspaper/on twitter or from your mates. And you're also someone who hangs out on other team's message boards for more than a day, which is weird.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

On the best ground issue it depends on your perspective. 

If you mean compared to some modern pristine oval with no soul then no. 

If you mean a proper traditional football ground steeped in history then yes. 

Every visit to the new Wembley despite its amazing facilities (though the congestion outside still amazes me for a modern bespoke design) it doesn't leave me in awe like visiting the old decrepit relic. 

We have the best ground in the league by a mile.

That said I prefer the likes of Brentford and QPR to the likes of Reading and Derby etc.

I'm not at all surprised we offered that much tbf. I dont know what they've got up their sleeves regarding FFP and I dont really care. We have a guy on our board that wrote the rules. And mega rich owners who wipe their arse with 14m squid,  with an army of financial people.

I don't think Mepham is a big loss. Better than what we have, Axel aside. Hope we have some good alternatives though.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I reckon Kodjia's all lined up to leave for X amount and that's being used for a key signing or two to balance the squad. 

We need Kodija to balance two positions though with Bolasie leaving and Hogan being crap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Does that mean Brentford had the choice to accept £14m or £12m and went for the £12m option? :detect: 

No the player decided and in the long term depends what the add ons were as to how much the total fee will be for the club and of course the players deal.example you bid 14 mill no add ons Bournmouth bid 12 + 3 mill after completing a number of games.Its hardly a snub if a PL side make you an offer especially as they look comfortable in mid table.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Would have been hilarious and sad if we had paid £14m for a far from dominant Championship defender while still in the Championship.

That's just madness and glad he chose Bournmouth.

£12m could be spent better elsewhere imo.

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Would have been hilarious and sad if we had paid £14m for a far from dominant Championship defender while still in the Championship.

Would have been ever more hilarious if you’d paid 10 mill for a dominant championship striker and he flopped      Oh hold on 

• Confused 1