Jump to content
Adblockers - please click ×
Demitri_C

Dean Smith

Recommended Posts

Smith had an opportunity when McGinn got injured to bring Kodjia on and switch to a 4-4-2.

We had no need for a defensive midfielder against their flat 4-4-2. It's not like Southampton had a cultured playmaker sitting in the hole who needed marking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Used to clean the seats in the holte end as a kid " Not gonna dine out on that one much longer Deano.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KentVillan said:

Smith had an opportunity when McGinn got injured to bring Kodjia on and switch to a 4-4-2.

We had no need for a defensive midfielder against their flat 4-4-2. It's not like Southampton had a cultured playmaker sitting in the hole who needed marking.

The game at that stage didn't necessitate 4-4-2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s run his course for me. Unless there’s a change we are going down. I don’t like pulling the trigger on managers but I’m just not at all convinced we are staying up under him. Getting spanked at home by a team in the relegation zone doesn’t equal staying in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Have to stick with him. 

For me it's more than just this year for us to recover from what Lerner turned us into. 

Ah give over. Not having that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The game at that stage didn't necessitate 4-4-2.

We had a spare man in midfield who wasn't doing anything. We absolutely could have switched to 4-4-2 at that point.

(4-4-2 isn't a gung ho formation that you can only use when you're 3-0 down! Lots of teams play it for 90 mins... e.g. Southampton and Leicester against us!)

Edited by KentVillan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only problem is there is not really a clear candidate out there that would come to us.

I hate the fact that I don't think he can keep us up, but the recent performances aren't filling me with much confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think he can be trusted in Jan. 

Relied on Grealish magic to get us in yo the playoffs and relying on it in the Prem despite spending a fortune. Very little threat and we look so open. 

I'd happily bring in a "dinosaur" to steady us. Boring Premier League football is better than exciting Championship football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no signs of decent performances, so struggling to find reasons to keep Dean, think he needs to go. Have no idea though who can replace him. We need a lift!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Only problem is there is not really a clear candidate out there that would come to us.

I hate the fact that I don't think he can keep us up, but the recent performances aren't filling me with much confidence.

Big Sam. Just accept it and suck it up.

He will keep us up and we can get an attacking coach in the summer.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Have to stick with him. 

For me it's more than just this year for us to recover from what Lerner turned us into. 

People were saying the same thing when we were in the Championship though, and we were good enough last season to get promoted.

Also, Lerner sold the club three and a half years ago and we have just spent £100m+ in the summer window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the Southampton manager has turned things round in recent weeks.........

Beat Norwich and a point at Watford?

If not GTFO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

We had a spare man in midfield who wasn't doing anything. We absolutely could have switched to 4-4-2 at that point.

Just no. It was 0-0, so why change to 4-4-2? This is just revisionist thinking at best. The question is whether Lansbury would have been a more progressive choice rather than Nakamba who can't do anything other than break up play. That's the real debate vis-a-vis that substitution. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem is we have no confident pattern of play, no style or identity. We cant continue to play 4 3 3 were simply not good enough. Norwich and Watford are massive games for him now. it was always going to be a tough season but i simply do not see any progress or signs things are getting better. Player recruitment is also a major concern!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Big Sam. Just accept it and suck it up.

He will keep us up and we can't get an attacking coach in the summer.

Or...

premier league football GIF by BT Sport

(EDIT - Should have clarified that this was very tongue in cheek).

Edited by jacketspuds
Meh
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, New_Hope said:

Big Sam is NOT the answer!!!

Crystal Palace, Everton and West Ham said the same and got releg.......

Oh wait a minute

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Used to clean the seats in the holte end as a kid " Not gonna dine out on that one much longer Deano

My brothers got a season ticket is another one he churns out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â