Dean Smith

Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Think we just underestimated how tough it would be to stay up this season.

Quote of the day!!😆 Just how easy did you think it would be mate? Another deluded fan who thought we would finish in the top half?Another deluded fan who thought Bournemouth would just turn up and have there belly tickled? Another deluded fan who thought we had a Premier League manager who’d bought Premier League players?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, CoNnErS said:

Quote of the day!!😆 Just how easy did you think it would be mate? Another deluded fan who thought we would finish in the top half?Another deluded fan who thought Bournemouth would just turn up and have there belly tickled? Another deluded fan who thought we had a Premier League manager who’d bought Premier League players?

I was talking about the club underestimating how difficult it would be with their transfer policy.

Don't think I've personally ever had any delusions about how hard this season would be. You'd know that if you'd read any of my posts from earlier in the season.

32 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

The drama is the  majority of players we have are simple not good enough at this level. doesn't matter who is in charge were not good enough to play 4 -3 -3 .

That's why we gave Liverpool one of the hardest games they have had, without Grealish, an the first game of the season nearly saw off Tottenham, ohh an the recent draw with an on form man utd was nothing to be sniffed at.

I tell you the problem, I knew it from the start.  Smith, Walsall, Brentford, wait for it...........................AVFC. See anything wrong here!! Much to early for him, an as we have previously seen at our club, we are not the club to learn your trade. Far to early for the Premier League.

• Like 1

We are now truly in a relegation fight , funnily I feel this may help Smith’s cause .. always felt our players are not united & dont really get along & there’s few groups..I am saying there hostilities, but don’t think the Hourihane/Mcggin etc actually hang out with the new players Wesley / Luis / Jota etc

But from real life experience , nothing unites more, than  a crises . Am sure all players will feel the harsh realities of relegation & realize the only way out is to play/flight & eventually click as a team , like what Smith always advocate .. we may not have very good players , but player for player feel we are at least on par with the Sheffield’s/ Brighton etc . 
Hopefully I am right & will see a much improved Villa next game ! UTV

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

But from real life experience , nothing unites more, than  a crises

Except at a football club with overinflated bank balances and over inflated egos, and I’m not just talking about Villa, any club.

7 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

but player for player feel we are at least on par with the Sheffield’s/ Brighton etc

Absolutely spot on! The difference is in the coaches! DS isn’t fit to lace Chris Wilder’s shoe laces.

• Like 1

Those who want him out - do realise that the guys choosing his replacement wanted Henry last time and signed off on £22m for Wesley.

I'm not holding my breath on them plucking a diamond mid season ...should it come to that.

Reminds me of February last year. String of poor results everyone was saying our season was over and Smith was done. 

He turned it around, put together one of our best runs in recent history and got us bloddy promoted. 

I think he'll get it right. He needs the backing of the board and the fans but now is not the time to panic. 

• Like 1

What the **** has happened to us? Every single player making mistakes, throwing their arms in the air and letting their heads drop. No cohesion. No fight. No drive.

I refuse to believe any of our players are as bad as their performances were today, and that includes El Ghazi and Trezeguet. I blame the manager.

The gap on the left of midfield was achingly obvious today. Grealish out on the left has run its course, we need him in the middle of the park driving the team forward, playing off of Wesley and dragging men into the centre so our wide men can take advantage of the space. He tried to do that today but there was no width on the left as a result of his coming inside, and Targett looked scared shitless to move past the halfway line for lack of cover. I'm rapidly losing faith in Smith's ability to adjust our system. Where is the tactical nous we heard of from his time at Walsall and Brentford? One comment regarding attacking the space between the full back and centre half is all I've seen.

After Nakamba's mistake for the goal not one player put their arm around him to lift his chin. Not one of them. Where is the leadership? Where is the drive to pick up your team mates and get on with the game? We are utterly void of anything resembling team-spirit and that's before I mention players not knowing who to mark, gesturing and shouting at one another with puzzled faces. Shape up Smith, this is shit.

Edited by AV82

He signed a new contract 3 weeks ago, he's not getting sacked.

That team today lacked any real leaders, we missed Mings for sure. Hause is starting and he's a 3m squad player, Id be worried if he started for us in the Championship let alone the Premier League.

Personally I think Trez/El Ghazi are very average at this level, it's caused most our play to be through Grealish/CM and anyone can defend narrow against us. This is making Wesley look even worse, he's not involved and we don't stretch the defence to create space.

Go buy another winger and a forward, get Jack back in CM.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Reminds me of February last year. String of poor results everyone was saying our season was over and Smith was done. 

He turned it around, put together one of our best runs in recent history and got us bloddy promoted. 

I think he'll get it right. He needs the backing of the board and the fans but now is not the time to panic. 

Except this time we aren't playing against pub teams

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

he's not getting sacked.

I'm sure the owners will be thinking that when 100+ Million is at stake.

Get real mate. Smith is under severe pressure right now.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm sure the owners will be thinking that when 100+ Million is at stake.

Get real mate. Smith is under severe pressure right now.

What might save him is I don't think our owners will relish a mid season manager hunt.....

Â