Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Just realized Jota wasn't even on the subs bench. Is he injured? He was arguably our MOTM(yes even above Kodjia imo) at midweek and he doesn't even get a spot on the bench?

Yes I puzzled , he’s our only player besides Grealish that can have game intelligence that can see/thread a pass. Injured again ? 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

'we need to build something'

'why isn't it going totally smoothly?!'

'let's get in Allardyce' 

'derp'

Anybody would think the posters here were all individual people each with their own opinions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

'we need to build something'

'why isn't it going totally smoothly?!'

'let's get in Allardyce' 

'derp'

Is that what every single poster who is open to a change of management is saying? No. People have different opinions, no need for posters like yourself and others to post stuff like this.

• Like 2

Anybody got fat Sam's number? This team is 100% Smith's. Yes he comes across as a lovely knowledgable man but this is a results business and he is the manager of a very poor side. The club has made him a multi millionaire and he can walk away a very rich man. Thanks for promotion and enjoy your retirement.

11 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

The drama is the  majority of players we have are simple not good enough at this level. doesn't matter who is in charge were not good enough to play 4 -3 -3 .

Yeah but let's be real, this has been our excuse for years and years. Manager after manager, truth is in the middle somewhere.

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Hard to build something when everything is coming down around you. Need to stabilize the ship first.

I don’t see how the ship isn’t stable. Other than being absolute shite on the pitch the club is as stable as it has been in years. It’s the performances on the pitch that need to change, nothing else. 

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

We're just getting worse and worse as the games go on. Worrying. 

Exactly this 

Being blown away by Southampton inside 60 mins at home has to set alarms bells ringing

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It was just a few posts up on this thread, those exact words.

About Grealishs return to the team coinciding with an upturn in our results? That's true but it still doesnt detract from Smith's performance, nor does that post say so, so not those exact words unless I've missed another post? Not having a pop either 🙂👍

Edited by Ingram85

16 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

The drama is the  majority of players we have are simple not good enough at this level. doesn't matter who is in charge were not good enough to play 4 -3 -3 .

In a nutshell I think. The attacking three isn’t right, not potent enough. Not saying they aren’t good enough for the squad, but we need more options up front. We also concede too many shots, that’s tactics though I think.

We are currently the worst side in the division by a long way, this run against the other strugglers has come at the worst time for us. But I look at the players we have, and I'm not sure we would be doing any better with someone else in charge. A lot of them had a bad day at the office today, I'm not sure any manager would have got a tune out of them.

Having said that, familiar problems like conceding from a corner, conceding within ten minutes of the second half, suggests that known failings aren't being addressed.

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

About Grealishs return to the team coinciding with an upturn in our results? That's true but it still doesnt detract from Smith's performance, nor does that post say so, so not those exact words unless I've missed another post? Not having a pop either 🙂👍

No there's a post a couple of pages back saying "We fluked promotion". And no worries, know you weren't having a pop 🙂

• Like 1

Only season we've performed worst than this one points wise was the season we were relegated, the likes of Taylor second time around, Lambert and O'Leary in all their seasons, McLeish, and Houllier all had more points after eighteen games. He's obviously not going to be fired now, but that might change if things don't improve fast.

31 minutes ago, CoNnErS said:

We fluked promotion mate! We had to beat our club record wins, lost 1 game in our last 13 was it? And we still only made the playoffs by 3 points! Then we scrape passed WBA on pens, and then just about beat Derby. It’s not like we romped the division by 10 points. This isn’t the Championship, DS is being tactically outclassed week in week out, no Plan B, and not much of a Plan A!

@Ingram85 ☝️

• Thanks 1

The thing is he did such a monumental job for us last season that I am more than happy to give him a lot of slack and back him through the tough times as well as the good.  Before the season started I said I'd stick with Smith even if we got relegated (I know I'm probably in the minority there though).  I have seen enough from us earlier in the season to indicate that he has the right ideas but he also needs to learn from just how hard and unforgiving this league is.  We desperately need another striker and a couple of others, if Wes and Nassef decide we can't afford to gamble with more spending then I guess we might have to look at a more experienced manager, preferably more like Rafa than Big Sam.

Â