Dean Smith

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Found this but no word on live stream of the presser.

Very likeable and articulate guy. The interviewer kept pushing the " let's talk about the villa connection " angle and while Smith was very polite and so forth in answering his questions he has his game face on all ready. Doesn't look at all too giddy or too excited. Happy but very professional guy.

• Like 2

Just now, villalad21 said:

The keeper and centre back positions is what worries me. I have no idea how Smith will solve this.

No idea.

It is very worrying because he can't obviously do anything until January transfer wise. He won't be afraid to bring bedeau in and let him train with the first team squad though. Smith and Bruce are night and day. 

He says in the interview that the squad is full of talent but it's a bit unbalanced as "we only have 1, or er 2, centre backs". Before Jan we might be seeing one or two of the u23s in there methinks. 

Edited by romavillan

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The keeper and centre back positions is what worries me. I have no idea how Smith will solve this.

No idea.

buy keeper and

Just now, romavillan said:

He says in the interview that the squad is full of talent but it's a bit unbalanced as "we only have 1, or er 2, centre backs". Before Jan we might be one or two of the u23s in there methinks. 

Nobody in the U23s is ready I think. Bedeau is the only really senior member and feel he is way off too.

I'm trying not to get excited... I have a good feeling about this all. The only issue I also have is that nagging feeling where I know for most of my life the club has let me down.

Loving Deano though.

Edited by Dick

1 minute ago, smg said:

BY improving current players in those positions or replacing them in January if they don’t improve?

Witchcraft!

Only by constantly buying new players and discarding the old ones like used dog waste bags can you reach success as a club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Very likeable and articulate guy. The interviewer kept pushing the " let's talk about the villa connection " angle and while Smith was very polite and so forth in answering his questions he has his game face on all ready. Doesn't look at all too giddy or too excited. Happy but very professional guy.

Ditto. Interviewer kept pushing him on the connection and DS was quick to remind him that he’s here on merit as a manager not because of his connection to the club. Full of professionalism and lacking the cliches we have become so accustomed to with previous managers.

Also loved his comments in JT: showing that he is the boss but has the humility to be able to learn from others around him. This was a skill his predecessor was sorely lacking. 

Would love to get an an insight into how his training sessions differ from Bruce/Calderwood’s. 

• Like 2

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Ditto. Interviewer kept pushing him on the connection and DS was quick to remind him that he’s here on merit as a manager not because of his connection to the club. Full of professionalism and lacking the cliches we have become so accustomed to with previous managers.

Also loved his comments in JT: showing that he is the boss but has the humility to be able to learn from others around him. This was a skill his predecessor was sorely lacking. 

Would love to get an an insight into how his training sessions differ from Bruce/Calderwood’s. 

Yep, he doesn't think he knows it all. A nice touch! 

Â