Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Optimism.

This is what being a Villa fan is supposed to feel like.

I think so, just not used to it. Was hoping to be at the game this weekend but my dad was taken to hospital, so am now looking to come to the next home game. Looking forward now...

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Smith said that he needed 24-48 hours to make the decision, and wanted to talk to his wife who had an operation on Monday.

Hopefully this will put to bed the idea that he was third choice and snapped their hands off a few hours before the announcement.

Hopefully because he absolutely wasn’t, given that people should revisit the timing of those ruling themselves out...

• Like 1

Media bods wasted the chance to ask some meaningful questions about his philosophy on football, how he sees his style developing and the underlying structures that he and the team want to implement at Villa. 

Instead, they want responses to quaint little questions about how he's a villa fan and isn't it nice that he's home. Yes, that's all well and good but don't portray this as some parochial bullshit. He's the most progressive coach to set foot into VP and BH for years, probably in my lifetime. He's probably the most promising English manager of his generation and the reporters want to talk about his f-ing commute. 

• Like 3

Â