Dean Smith

Demitri_C

24 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

It would be easier to name the players I would take from them. 

Shelvey

Gayle

Maxim

And possibly the Longstaffs. 

Oh and tbf I do actually rate Carroll. 

😂🤣😂

I Thought you wouldn’t answer!!

Yes I’m sure they’d be falling over themselves  to replace what they’ve got with Nyland, Hourihane, Trez, Hause etc etc

Life is too short to continue this riveting battle of giants debate

enjoy Super Saturday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

What a ridiculous statement. 

If he comes good it will be down to a young kid getting used to the league. The idea its smiths fault wesley didn't hit the ground running is just the kind of nonsense that seems to be the norm now, from a small group who have fully turned on the guy. 

Traore says hi. Takes a good manager to coach potentially a great player.

47 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

He scored 5 goals in a short season.. Joe has scored 2... All season. 

Stop acting like Newcastle's squad is better than ours. It ain't. 

Dubravka is better than Nyland or Reina, Lascelles is better than Hause or Konsa, Danny Rose is better than Targett or Taylor, Saint Maximin is better than ElGhazi or Trezeguet, Almiron is better than Samatta or Davis. Those are just off the top of my head. From the Villa squad I’d imagine only Grealish, Mings, and McGinn would improve the Newcastle starting 11. At least 5 of the Newcastle team could improve the Villa starting 11. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Dubravka is better than Nyland or Reina, Lascelles is better than Hause or Konsa, Danny Rose is better than Targett or Taylor, Saint Maximin is better than ElGhazi or Trezeguet, Almiron is better than Samatta or Davis. Those are just off the top of my head. From the Villa squad I’d imagine only Grealish, Mings, and McGinn would improve the Newcastle starting 11. At least 5 of the Newcastle team could improve the Villa starting 11. 

Almiron is a striker ??

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

😂🤣😂

Yes I’m sure they’d be falling over themselves  to replace what they’ve got with Nyland, Hourihane, Trez, Hause etc etc

enjoy Super Saturday 

To be fair chap it's a poor question. I mean who would you take from Sheffield United's team. Can't think of too much quality in there.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

So, does Dean think he has more chance of holding on to his job....if we go down.?

if so, it puts us in a very precarious situation.

you would naturally think the reward, would be for stopping up and losing his job for relegation.

Interesting to see what really does happen.

Where have you plucked this from?

If that was the case, do you think Smith would consider naming a weaker team to relegate us and keep himself in a job?  If not, why post it? It's a really strange thought.

I know former managers were totally focused on themselves and never once thought of the best interests of the club, but Smith isn't a man who thinks like that.

31 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

They aren't better players.

They look better because they are better coached.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Total and complete bunkum this :lol: Don't even know where to start it's so wrong.

Are you going to credit the next manager for not focusing on Grealish when Grealish isn't even at the club? I'm looking forward to you hamming it up.

Liverpool will tank us yes.

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

😂🤣😂

enjoy Super Saturday 

Ok

Jack

McGinn

Luiz

Mings

Heaton

Guilbert

Any of our strikers over Linton.

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Total and complete bunkum this :lol: Don't even know where to start it's so wrong.

Are you going to credit the next manager for not focusing on Grealish when Grealish isn't even at the club? I'm looking forward to you hamming it up.

Liverpool will tank us yes.

Just saying Traore became a better player, Albrighton played in a Premier League team that won the title. Good coaches turn players around, every player we have signed has stayed the same if not regressed. It's been going on for years.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Haha

Traore confirms my point even more. A young kid who took time to settle. Pullis started getting the best out of him, which earnt a big money move. Is Tony Pullis a great coach?

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just saying Traore became a better player, Albrighton played in a Premier League team that won the title. Good coaches turn players around, every player we have signed has stayed the same if not regressed. It's been going on for years.

Some have improved tbf. Luiz is starting to show his worth.

11 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

I think we've thrown the towel in every game we've took the lead haven't we? Especially if we're up against 10 men. 

How does that even make sense, you know we've won 7 games right?

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

That he believes we have been playing better after the break is all very Lambert-esk. I personally think he he fighting to keep his job and needs results,  he won't be with us next season if we go down.

We've been better, that's a fact. Do you not remember us before the break? Leaking goals left and right. Got thrashed 4-0 by Leicester right before the break. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirSteveUK said:

Almiron is a striker ??

Point taken. Almiron & Saint Maximin are better than ElGhazi and Trezeguet. And Jota. Andy Carroll (yes, Andy Carroll) is better than Samatta. Heck, Dwight Gayle is better than Samatta or Davis. Hayden is better than Nakamba. I think most would say Yedlin is a better RB than either Guilbert or Elmohamady. Either of Matt Ritchie or Shelvey are better than Hourihane. 

Â