Dean Smith

Demitri_C

We've been saying similar all season yet we keep failing to win games we're going to run out of fixtures eventually, can't keep saying that we will win next time or we wlll eventually beat one of the divions better sides we have to start doing it now. Like aganst Chelse we can't make excuses just because it's Chelsea we need the three points.

Edited by useless
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No draw wouldn't have been fair.

They created nothing. We should have scored 2-3 goals if more clinical.

But we werent more clinical,  hence a draw was "fair". They had a definite goal ignored, and we had a penalty (in my eyes) ignored. They cancel each other out.  No one scored. I then bemoaned the fact we played with a non goal scoring striker as a lone striker and probably part explains why we couldn't score. We created a lot but only one shot springs to mind as threatening, which was well saved.

Having more shots is not a precursor to scoring more.  Sheffield were especially poor by their standards,  so maybe we should have won, but on the basis of play that would have been unfair to them

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Having more shots is not a precursor to scoring more.  Sheffield were especially poor by their standards,  so maybe we should have won, but on the basis of play that would have been unfair to them

Or we were good. Ever crossed your mind?

1 hour ago, useless said:

We've been saying similar all season yet we keep failing to win games we're going to run out of fixtures eventually, can't keep saying that we will win next time or we wlll eventually beat one of the divions better sides we have to start doing it now. Like aganst Chelse we can't make excuses just because it's Chelsea we need the three points.

This.

No more excuses, we are in the end game now and games are running out.

There’s a good chance we’ll be 4 points adrift by the time we play our next game. 

• Like 1

Just now, jim said:

This.

There’s a good chance we’ll be 4 points adrift by the time we play our next game. 

We are only 3 pts off schedule.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We are only 3 pts off schedule.

What schedule? The made up one on here of a point per game? 

1 point out of a possible 15, with Chelsea up next! 

2 minutes ago, jim said:

What schedule? The made up one on here of a point per game? 

1 point out of a possible 15, with Chelsea up next! 

We beat Lampard 3 times last season.

It's as good of time as any to beat Chelsea. Frank is a rookie. A toddler.

Edited by villalad21

Davis played well but still doesnt look like scoring.  I'm happy to play him but we need Samatta on as well because we need a scoring threat.  Dont get me wrong Davis was superb but for me never really looked like socring, even his really good effort was at Keeper's height and ready for him to push away.  Play Davis and Samatta and drop El Ghazi, then let Jack play the free role.  The rest, Dean got spot on tonight for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Davis played well but still doesnt look like scoring.  I'm happy to play him but we need Samatta on as well because we need a scoring threat.  Dont get me wrong Davis was superb but for me never really looked like socring, even his really good effort was at Keeper's height and ready for him to push away.  Play Davis and Samatta and drop El Ghazi, then let Jack play the free role.  The rest, Dean got spot on tonight for me.

But is getting into scoring positions and is creating space for others.

We created nothing once he came off.

This is Keinan's first start of the season for Christ sake!

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

There's a lot of comments along the lines of it doesn't matter if we fail to win ths and that match because such and such fixture is the winnable game, alas it doesn't work like that we just as many wins as we can as soon as possible, can't keep leaving it and leaving it. We also could with a win not just because of the league table but for our confidence, just to remind the players that they're actually capable of winning a game.

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We beat Lampard 3 times last season.

It's as good of time as any to beat Chelsea. Frank is a rookie. A toddler.

We beat his Derby with one of the best 11’s in the league. Different story this time around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Show what they're made of. Is professional sport that easy. 

We're 19th, they're 6th. We were the better side and improved from the free fall we were in before all this kicked off. 

Crazy to be so angry at it. 

I'm not angry. I didn't say I was angry. I just expected us to play better than we did. However, I saw Nyland still looking dodgy on crosses. I saw centre backs looking casual on the ball. I saw us look toothless in attack. 

Deano said he watched all the games back and had one-to-one meetings with the players. I saw nothing different to what I would have expected before the suspension of the season. 

Tonight's game, without any doubt, is one of the easiest we have remaining. I saw nothing to make me think we would beat any of Wolves, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea etc. 

43 minutes ago, jim said:

This.

There really isn’t a “good chance” of that, what are you on about?

Â