Dean Smith

Demitri_C

His game management has been really poor in recent weeks.

Was too slow to react to Leeds dominanting at even 2-0 down and look what happens.

Can't understand why today at 1-0 down he leaves two strikers on the bench. The trio change made us even worse.

Dean Smith is struggling atm and still has a lot to learn at this level. He will now feel pressure he hasn't felt at his previous clubs with this winless run.

Worry for me he didn't get a reaction from last week's poor display. That's never a good sign to me with regards the long term.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can see what he is trying to do. Starting play from the back, and trying to get progressive thereafter from midfield to front. But other teams have now sussed out those who tried to play from the back are just not good enough to do so, and often loses possessions when being pressed. Think our fullback lost out 3 time in the 5 mins before we concede the first. And the peno given away was another mistake when we are being pressed at the back. 

Promotion is over this year and won't hold too much against Smith for this. This summer is crucial for us to get the right members to be able to play his type of football.

All the best Dean, I kind of still believe what you are trying to do is for long term benefit. But don't leave it too late

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wolves bought in a manager that led teams to Champions Leagues. Newcastle had a manager that had won it all. Leeds after 15 odd years in this league have now got a manager that has managed for years at the highest level. 

Can Smith handle such a big job? 

100%.  Close this thread down now. This says it all.

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 3

I think the problem is we have talented players but a lot team we face will almost see it like a cup game and be really motivated to beat us.  Our players aren’t up for the fight. The teams we’ve done well against are the ones who probably don’t see us as a scalp so are not as up for it. 

Look at Preston, ran themselves in to the ground to get a point. Lost a week later to Rotherham.

What I’ve noticed about Smith is he talks a lot about character when signing players rather than about ability. I think he will want a massive overhaul of players because most of the ones we have now think they are better than what they are. 

• Like 1

The question is why are they failing to perform, none of us understand it and I bet Smith and his team are completely puzzled.some squads work and some dont, we've seen them work for a period and then completely do the opposite under two managers now.

If I were Smith I'd rip this squad apart as fast as I could because if anything they are, they are not consistent enough.

Whatever it is, be it players brickwalling there potential, fatigue, injuries, media crap going on, there's to much hitting our club from every direction that its gard to put a nail on it, it's causing chaos, it needs sorting.

• Like 1

Interesting to hear what he says about this fiasco and his choice of subs - time to look in the mirror and accept some of the blame himself - this was totally unacceptable today and has been coming in recent weeks . 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Gone along with Axel and Jack unfortunately.  Now we are left in the same position he took over.  I wonder if conceding the two goal lead against Leeds is Smith's equivalent of giving up two goals to Leicester under Sherwood.  We seemed to have been destroyed ever since.

It wasn't the 2 goals themselves....it was the shit show we produced OFF the ball to allow them to score them.....its evident in many games.

We are one thing on the ball.....OFF the ball we are a horror show, we are "deck chair's R us".....the word has well and truly got around.

• Like 2

The subs where shambolic ,that is 100% on him .The tactics where not working from the beginning thats on him and he didn't change anything thats also on him.Players where crap no doubt but this match poor management is equally to blame

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s not that simple though when you are a big club with massive expectations. Just look at Leeds and how many managed have tried over the last 15 years or so. 

this big club with big name players shit is **** poison

we're a mid table championship team with a lot of utter garbage players who let us down every week because they are not good enough but they are at a big club and on great money so they are doing ok

neil taylor big name, international player, played in the olympics, played in the prem, earns probably around £30k a week at a big club....none of it means anything because he's **** shit

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are getting worse and worse every week. I'm all for for giving him time to implement his style but at the minute we look no different to when we was playing when Bruce was sacked, he will be lucky to get to the end of the season at this rate. Really needs to  get some results soon. 

Edited by holteend1982
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

.....the word has well and truly got around.

I think there's something in this. Wigan got into us early, kicked us about a bit. It wasn't desperation, it was a plan. I think teams see us as soft. I think they're right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes it hurts, yes its frustrating and almost inexplicable but Jeez, get a grip. 

Yes, two very poor games, but calling for Smiths head is utterly ridiculous we are in danger of living up to the fickle mantle. He’s only been here 10-12 or so games and 4 games ago he was ‘a breath of fresh air’, ‘exactly who we need’ etc etc.

Our squad is a shambles, we have injuries and no defence, coupled with another new keeper infront of a make shift defence. But by my reckoning we have Abraham, McGinn and Grealish who are decent and everyone else is middling or rubbish here lies teh problem. However to suggest he has lost the dressing room is utterly bonkers.

Lets the dust settle. Let Smith develop his team and style, twenty games left to sort this out. 

• Like 3

Â