Dean Smith

Demitri_C

34 minutes ago, PaulC said:

On the other hand if he doesn't keep them up it will be another failure on his resume.

They have a chance but they have to play man city, Liverpool.and Newcastle yet. Key games at Leeds. Home against wolves, Everton and West Ham. They need 3 more wins and another 3 draws to take them to 37 points which maybe enough. 

Still think they will go myself. 

Fulham are pretty much on the beach now so they really need to go there and win. Mitrovic will still be suspended for that game.

51 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yes very, they brainwashed fans into thinking we are just a mediocre 'midtable club'. 😆

A position we finished once in the last 11 years and was our highest finish im that time

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Fulham are pretty much on the beach now so they really need to go there and win. Mitrovic will still be suspended for that game.

Yes  he has a chance but it's going to take a huge upturn in form given what they have done since the world cup. 

Not sure if this is a good move for Deano, could be great if he keeps them up but if he doesn't, his CV starts to look at but meh.

This is just my opinion on how he'll be viewed, and not how I view him btw...

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

The disrespect he is getting is incredible 

I think a lot of neutral fans don't recognise the amazing job he did with us. His name doesn't help and the fact a lot of his best work was in the Championship, but even those two seasons in the Prem with us were better than people give him credit for with the squad and personnel changes we had to deal with. 

The guy is a club legend here, I understand he isn't that anywhere else and Norwich was a poor career move, but I believe he's a good manager and I hope he keeps Leicester up.

He never deserved to be sacked by us IMO but in the end that chain of events has brought us Unai who is next level so che sera sera. 

Good luck Deano. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yes very, they brainwashed fans into thinking we are just a mediocre 'midtable club'. 😆

How does your brain work?

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not surprised, some of his own fans on here were disrespectful to him when he won 10 in a row and got us promoted but loved born winners like Bruce and Gerrard

Brexit.

No one else would touch this job without a long contract on the table because of the many downsides.

Deano, never afraid of a challenge, says yeah go on then. Foolish? Perhaps. Brave? Of course. City and a 2020 Grealish away first game. Grim.

The ability is there. If he makes the team feel happy, they should pull out of this with ease.

I expect 433 with the 8s running in behind opposition full backs as soon as they press forward.

6 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

I think a lot of neutral fans don't recognise the amazing job he did with us. His name doesn't help and the fact a lot of his best work was in the Championship, but even those two seasons in the Prem with us were better than people give him credit for with the squad and personnel changes we had to deal with. 

The guy is a club legend here, I understand he isn't that anywhere else and Norwich was a poor career move, but I believe he's a good manager and I hope he keeps Leicester up.

He never deserved to be sacked by us IMO but in the end that chain of events has brought us Unai who is next level so che sera sera. 

Good luck Deano. 

He deserved the sack but just not to be replaced by a loser like gerrard. HOWEVER if we didnt appiint gerrard we wouldnt have emery so it all worked out well.

As for smith i like him but i dont like leicester so its a tough one for me

42 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

How does your brain work?

Brexit.

There was a period in early 21/22 when the narrative from him and others was that we should have been pushing for Europe and being 12th or whatever it was at the time wasn't good enough. Mind you, we had just lost Grealish at the time, a lopsided squad and had a derailed preseason, so aspirations of Europe seemed extremely premature. Any realistic person would assess the situation and see that we were a season or 2 off at least of challenging for Europe.

We have since added about a dozen first team players, many of whom are on £100k+/week contacts, signed a truly elite manager with a history of getting his teams into Europe, and we still probably won't get it this season. It's just revisionism. Briefly being 6th in the table in 2023 under completely different circumstances doesn't rectroactively make you right 18 months ago :lol:

Â