Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I think the club will stick by him and back him in January 

As much as it pains me to say, I bloody hope not he’s spent a fortune and the football is getting worse, we need to act and get a new manager in before the Brighton game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Kind of out of order to specifically call out another poster, but fwiw, I think he's been a fairly level head in a thread that's often full of hysteria. As I recall though, he'd had enough this time last week.

It was a tongue in cheek, sarcastic post.

Emotions running high tonight!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

It was a tongue in cheek, light hearted banter post.

Emotions running high tonight.

There are so many angry throbbers, I keep misinterpreting lighthearted posts, sorry! I might be one of the throbbers :D 

• Haha 2

Everyone is entitled to their views, so how about we stick to expressing and debating them without labelling, putting people in categories or groups and posting on posters please. Whatever each of us think about the situation we are all extremely pissed off for the same reason.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jim said:

I’m absolutely stunned there are still people backing Smith. Especially  considering the dross we have been served up for the majority of this year. 

I don't see what there is to defend or back him over in all honesty?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Kind of out of order to specifically call out another poster, but fwiw, I think he's been a fairly level head in a thread that's often full of hysteria. As I recall though, he'd had enough this time last week.

It would be great to hear if the few posters who defended Dean still had the same opinion after the last 2 games. I expect it will all be immaterial after the weekend anyway.

Just now, mykeyb said:

It would be great to hear if the few posters who defended Dean still had the same opinion after the last 2 games. I expect it will all be immaterial after the weekend anyway.

I love the bloke. I don't want him to go. But the time is up. It saddens me, he's been brilliant for us, but it's up. I'm not gleeful by any means! 

• Like 3

All very depressing right now. Jack leaving killed all he momentum we have as a club.  Feel for Dean, but we need to be more than just passing the ball to one player and hoping they make Soemthing happen when everyone else is static. 

I'd love for him to still be involved with the club whether that's as an assistant manager or Something . But at this point he has to go before the relationship sours further. 

Edited by MotoMkali

7 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Were in a relegation battle now, every single stat tells you that. How is him being given until January seem likely to you out of interest? Because to me and seemingly everyone else it seems extremely unlikely that he even makes the next week.

Fortunately, there are teams worse than us in the league this year. And, although we could end the weekend in the relegation zone, most of the teams below us have tough matches this weekend.

He's righted the ship once before (after COVID). I think they will give him a chance to do so again. Certainly, if he loses to both Brighton and Palace, with City, Leicester, and Liverpool following, I would expect it then.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Sometimes players just needs to hear a new voice and new ideas. 

I wouldn't disagree with that. I just think that he has enough credit in the bank that they're going to give him the break and a few more matches to put things right.

• Like 1

I was sure Dean would put it right tonight. Now I find it impossible to defend him anymore. Having said that, I don't want see him go either. I'm just glad I don't have to make that call. Are there any viable options available is another big question? Shakespeare certainly isn't one. If Smith goes, he has to follow. 

Just now, TomC said:

I wouldn't disagree with that. I just think that he has enough credit in the bank that they're going to give him the break and a few more matches to put things right.

I think the dilemma is that with our lineups, if you give him another couple of games, you may as well give him until Christmas. Bringing another manager in for Liverpool, Leicester and blue mans is a hiding to nothing.

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Why after 10 months, declining form and 5 straight defeats would a few more matches suddenly solve things? 

• Like 3

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think the dilemma is that with our lineups, if you give him another couple of games, you may as well give him until Christmas. Bringing another manager in for Liverpool, Leicester and blue mans is a hiding to nothing.

Which is why they may wait until the January transfer window...

17 minutes ago, TomC said:

Being given until January seems likely, unless we lose another 3-4 in a row. If we're in a relegation battle in January, they might sack him then and open the checkbook for the new manager to make sure we don't go down.

Not a chance - he is 100% gone - won’t get another game 

Â