Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

The likelihood of that happening are quite slim, wouldn't you agree? 

No. After today it could be 4 games on the bounce and 3pts above the relegation zone.

For the money that has been invested in the squad, I think it's a bit of a piss take.

For where we want to be I have lost faith he can deliver. Shame. Nice bloke. But too many failings. If we were content with mid table for ever then fine bit 4 defeats in a row ( I presume, West ham look so so so much better than us) is really poor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

For where we want to be I have lost faith he can deliver. Shame. Nice bloke. But too many failings. If we were content with mid table for ever then fine bit 4 defeats in a row ( I presume, West ham look so so so much better than us) is really poor.

You could at least give him another 45 mins

Not sure what people expect and from who

We seem to be back to where we've been far too many times, someone needs to come in and give a rocket to underperforming players 

We change the manager and magically matt Targett stops being shit and we all applaud the new manager...

It'll never stop, 3 years time and the next group of players will be playing shit for the next manager 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure what people expect and from who

We seem to be back to where we've been far too many times, someone needs to come in and give a rocket to underperforming players 

We change the manager and magically matt Targett stops being shit and we all applaud the new manager...

It'll never stop, 3 years time and the next group of players will be playing shit for the next manager 

Not if we strengthen enough and keep our best players.

Luiz and Martinez will be off like a shot next summer I think, Mings will probably be putting feelers out to his agent so that would be a fair rebuild next summer aswell as even with dodgy form all three are key players for us.

I just think it's a simple case of a manager just taking us as far as he can, losing an incredibly important player and then running out of ideas as to how to make a new identity. Most of this season has been one big muddle out on the pitch bar a couple of good halves.

Forgive me if I just don't want this season to be one big spell in the bottom 6 as I think we're better than that and season is still relatively young to change that narrative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

**** me 3 first team midfielders out and 2 shit shots go in. Talk about when your luck is down I think we’re in a relegation scrap this year.  I don’t know where confidence is going to come from. They all look scared.

I think we are very lucky to be only 1-2 at half time 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

**** me 3 first team midfielders out and 2 shit shots go in. Talk about when your luck is down I think we’re in a relegation scrap this year.  I don’t know where confidence is going to come from. They all look scared.

If relegation battle is only option I think we all know deep down what needs to be done.

It's not even November yet so still loads of season left to play whatever the result today.

Smith needs to generate a big step up in performance this half or for the first time in Smith's reign I will feel like we're in a sustained period of under performing. 

Come on Dean, season defining half (the good kind) please. 

Things aren't going our way and we have a lot of injuries fair enough but more worryingly the players just don't seem that arsed. Really fearing for Deano at the minute, hes got an awful record since Grealish and some key back roomers have left and i just dont think the owners and Purslow will accept us being in even slight danger of a relegation scrap after all the money we've spent.

I think his position should be seriously questioned if we lose this. We'll be in a relegation fight with performances getting worse. It's not acceptable and could have horrible consequences if we hesitate too long.

Which ever way you spin it, he isnt the man to get us to the next level. I dont think anyone can deny that.

Edit - Red card. Looks like we're done.

Edited by R.Bear

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I think his position should be seriously questioned if we lose this. We'll be in a relegation fight with performances getting worse. It's not acceptable and could have horrible consequences if we hesitate too long.

Which ever way you spin it, he isnt the man to get us to the next level. I dont think anyone can deny that.

Edit - Red card. Looks like we're done.

Should be questioned - should be sacked 100% 

You just know when it’s over, and it feels very over. Time to replace him and let him leave with some dignity as he has done so much for us. It’s just the end of the road. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

You just know when it’s over, and it feels very over. Time to replace him and let him leave with some dignity as he has done so much for us. It’s just the end of the road. 

It does all look very grim doesn't it? The way the players are reacting to his decisions as well looks so bad. All looks very ominous.

Â