Dean Smith

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was he meant to come out with a burning Argentine Flag and an effigy of Pele to show some strength?

Or at least mention the Malvinas, for god sake. What kind of chickens**t outfit is this?

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was he meant to come out with a burning Argentine Flag and an effigy of Pele to show some strength?

Plus wearing a Leeds shirt with “I love Bielsa” on the back..

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Not talking about his statement.

Was a joke of a decision letting them go in the first place.

Would you recommend physical restraints? We didn't release Luiz, so the Argentinians clearly made it clear that they were not going to be stopped from going.

There's literally nothing we can do in that situation; while players are assets, you can't own human beings in this country any more. I'm surprised you've not heard, it was kind of a big deal when they stopped it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Would you recommend physical restraints? We didn't release Luiz, so the Argentinians clearly made it clear that they were not going to be stopped from going.

There's literally nothing we can do in that situation; while players are assets, you can't own human beings in this country any more. I'm surprised you've not heard, it was kind of a big deal when they stopped it.

Luiz didn't make the squad. I'm sure he would have traveled had he been. 

But that's for another thread let's not go way off topic here. 

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

That is some find. Presumably period. How on earth did you find that (quickly before we get deleted for off-topic).

Had it years ago and just never deleted it. It was in the Sun after the Anderlecht riot in 1982 slap bang in the middle of the conflict 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Nakamba as well who wanted to go

Did Luiz not get picked because of the quarantine rules? Given he’s been picked for everything else it would make sense.  If that’s the case how did the Argentinian FA not know about the Argentinian players from the PL would not be allowed in.  This is real debacle by the International teams, government and footballing bodies involved.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Luiz didn't make the squad. I'm sure he would have traveled had he been. 

But that's for another thread let's not go way off topic here. 

No he wouldn't. No Brazilian PL players travelled. 

How is it off topic? You're posting about it in the Dean Smith thread so you must think it's due to him.

Someone explaining a reason other than Dean Smith for them going suddenly making it off topic seems rather convenient, particularly when I've seen you posting unrelated criticisms of Smith in other threads literally today. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah I do not think anyone has any power over the player here. If a player wants to represent there country then not much can be done.

I think we have to agree to the international protocols, not much we could do having signed up to that...also its hard to curtail the ambitions of selected players, we should be proud of that, part of our progression.....we can't have it both ways....The club was put in an invidious position.

They couldn't win imo.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Did Luiz not get picked because of the quarantine rules? Given he’s been picked for everything else it would make sense.  If that’s the case how did the Argentinian FA not know about the Argentinian players from the PL would not be allowed in.  This is real debacle by the International teams, government and footballing bodies involved.

Think I read he was being rested after having played in both the Copa America and the Olympics this summer.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

That is some find. Presumably period. How on earth did you find that (quickly before we get deleted for off-topic).

I remember that cartoon well. It was after the European Cup semi final, when there was a “minor” disturbance during the game. Well people on the roof, pitch invader blocked a shot, game stopped for 20 minutes. Like I say minor, it was the 80s. I think it was on the Brum Mail at the time. 

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I remember that cartoon well. It was after the European Cup semi final, when there was a “minor” disturbance during the game. Well people on the roof, pitch invader blocked a shot, game stopped for 20 minutes. Like I say minor, it was the 80s. I think it was on the Brum Mail at the time. 

You wouldn't have had to mention the date and I would have known you were referring to the 80's just because the Brum mail were reporting actual news and not total **** bollocks. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

He acheived 16 wins and 7 draws last season accruing a win ratio of 51%.....where are we going to get a manager to match that or create the stability in the bargain. We have to trust in him.

As we stand, we have some choppy waters to navigate, we need our captain more than at any time, in his tenure.

He needs our support more than at anytime in the job, too.

I’m glad that you support Dean but (16/38)*100 = 42%

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Think I read he was being rested after having played in both the Copa America and the Olympics this summer.

Makes sense, thanks! Carrying that gold medal around must be tiring as well.

• Like 1

Â