Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, TRO said:

1. Well funnily enough thats what we thought we was getting.

Who thought this? So you did expect us to do a Wolves. Nuno managed Valencia and Porto, Smith managed Walsall and Brentford. 

We have no comparison to what Wolves are doing, they are on another level at the moment

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

None of those examples come close to the debacles we are presiding over just about every game in the league.

when Utd have a bad one, it would be great for us.

Utd are in and around the top six......it needs tweaking, surgery......ours is a Bloody shit show of incompetence...its threatening to spiral out of control.

not much difference is there.

we are the worst team in the league right now on current form......happy.

These are analogies, not direct comparisons so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Who thought this? So you did expect us to do a Wolves. Nuno managed Valencia and Porto, Smith managed Walsall and Brentford. 

We have no comparison to what Wolves are doing, they are on another level at the moment

No, wolves are wolves.....sheff utd are sheff utd and so on.

I was expecting better than we had before and i was expecting a more progressive offering of football.....last night and previous league games have been car crashes...so far removed from competent cohesive team football.....and it has gradually got worse as the season has progressed....in short, we has regressed.

Nuno had achieved what he has, because he was/ is good at what he does.

I was expecting Dean to be good at what he does and see where it takes us...incrementally improving the playing staff, along the way.

If what your saying is to be accepted, what on earth was we doing appointing him in the first place....If your saying our manager, managing Walsall and Brentford, is as good as it gets...I am truly dumbfounded in your deduction....and even more on the decision to appoint him.

Edited by TRO

The points total we have now would have kept us out of the bottom three after 29 games last season, above Cardiff on goal difference, and we haven't even played 29 games yet. Ignoring the recent form, all clubs near the bottom will have such runs throughout the season, we're pretty much on schedule in terms of being where most people claimed they expected us to be at the start of the campaign.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

I was expecting better than we had before and i was expecting a more progressive offering of football.....last night and previous league games have been car crashes...so far removed from competent cohesive team football.

Nuno had achieved what he has, because he was/ is good at what he does.

I was expecting Dean to be good at what he does and see where it takes us...incrementally improving the playing staff, along the way.

If what your saying is to be accepted, what on earth was we doing appointing him in the first place....If your saying our manager, managing Walsall and Brentford, is as good as it gets...I am truly dumbfounded in your deduction....and even more on the decision to appoint him.

because we are not a big club anymore, we havent picked a decent calibre manager since Lambert was seen as a prospect at Norwich. We arent going to attract a Nuno or even a Hassnhuttl because they dont see anything in Villa

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because we are not a big club anymore, we havent picked a decent calibre manager since Lambert was seen as a prospect at Norwich. We arent going to attract a Nuno or even a Hassnhuttl because they dont see anything in Villa

Nonsense.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You do realise if we win our game in hand we will be 16th FFS

Wow.....we should be ok ,then.

oh hold on....did you say "if"...did you watch last nights game?

• Like 2

We spent £140m in the summer plenty of managers would jump at the chance of coming to a premier league side with that sort of spending power,  we wouldn't get Nuno as we behold him now with his fantastic reputation, but we could get a manager with a similar reputation to which Nuno had when he left Porto.

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You do realise if we win our game in hand we will be 16th FFS

Oh, does that mean we are doing okay and everything is good? Frankly ,having such low quality expectations for YOUR club is embarrassing if you don't mind me saying so. Many on here seem to have forgotten that we were the second highest spenders in the Premier in the Summer. That money was spent to ensure we stayed up. We won't , and that is failure in my book..

ATB.

VLD.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Wow.....we should be ok ,then.

oh hold on....did you say "if"...did you watch last nights game?

If we beat in form Sheff U, then get some points against Liverpool, Wolves, Arsenal and United, we might be able to stop up.

We're as good as safe.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, useless said:

We spent £140m in the summer plenty of managers would jump at the chance of coming to a premier league side with that sort of spending power,  we wouldn't get Nuno as we behold him now with his fantastic reputation, but we could get a manager with a similar reputation to which Nuno had when he left Porto.

Not posting to argue, but I honestly think that not many managers would relish going up and losing most of your squad and then having the pressure of 12 new faces, many first teamers, all young, mostly foreign and only ‘average’ in quality then having the pressure of expectation because your club was the biggest name promoted, had the wealthiest owners and had spent second highest in the whole division. It’s pretty daunting to be honest.

£140m on 3 players joining an established team, yes that would be something to relish as a manager, but not £140/12

• Like 2

Plenty of managers would have relished the chance to come in and manage us last summer, as I'm sure many would this summer as well should it ever come to that, even if were to get relegated I'd bet we could still attract a big name. Trying to paint last summer as Smith being hard done by is pretty ridiculous to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Not posting to argue, but I honestly think that not many managers would relish going up and losing most of your squad and then having the pressure of 12 new faces, many first teamers, all young, mostly foreign and only ‘average’ in quality then having the pressure of expectation because your club was the biggest name promoted, had the wealthiest owners and had spent second highest in the whole division. It’s pretty daunting to be honest.

£140m on 3 players joining an established team, yes that would be something to relish as a manager, but not £140/12

Like I said elsewhere, it averages out to 12 Trezeguets. Not many managers relishing that opportunity I'd imagine.

Or you could say it equals 70 McGinn's, ridiculous comparison either way. Even before you think about the money available plenty of managers would have been interested in coming to us last summer just by virtue of the fact that we were a Premier league side with ambitious owners, and I'd say the repuatation that we've earned as a club throughout our history still holds some sway as well. The situation wasn't even anywhere near as bad as people make out, half of the players we signed were already at the club on loan and many of the others had already played with each other at previous clubs a fact that was used by many as a retort against those that would suggest that we would 'do a Fulham'.

1 hour ago, Stratvillan said:

I think this applies to things like zonal marking, playing too deep etc.

Individual howlers are down to individuals .

I disagree, however do concede that there are moments of stupidity in all players. More so though when a team isn't functioning correctly imo. I don't lie the blame entirely at Smiths door but he is instrumental for our failings as a unit without doubt. 

• Like 1

You can't compare us to Wolves FFS. They can't be compared to anyone. They're totally different, hardly even a football club at all. They're Jorge Mendes' little toy.

He decides what players and coaches go in and out of that club, they don't have to do any scouting or shopping.

Would have been great if it was us he picked instead of Wolves mind you. We'd have been the ones to get Neves and Jota for a fifth of their actual price in the Championship and the Porto manager instead of Steve Bruce.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

Â