Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Not posting to argue, but I honestly think that not many managers would relish going up and losing most of your squad and then having the pressure of 12 new faces, many first teamers, all young, mostly foreign and only ‘average’ in quality then having the pressure of expectation because your club was the biggest name promoted, had the wealthiest owners and had spent second highest in the whole division. It’s pretty daunting to be honest.

£140m on 3 players joining an established team, yes that would be something to relish as a manager, but not £140/12

Managers love an opportunity to make something their own. 

Any manager that wouldn't want to have £150m to spend, you have to question why they're in the game. Do they not trust themselves to make decent signings and to win football games? 

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Managers love an opportunity to make something their own. 

Any manager that wouldn't want to have £150m to spend, you have to question why they're in the game. Do they not trust themselves to make decent signings and to win football games? 

If Suso had found some good players we'd have been fine yes.

I'm not sure Smith had time to go and find 12 players when he was coaching us to promotion from October-May.

Edited by Tomaszk

Just now, Tomaszk said:

If Suso had found some good players we'd have been fine yes.

I'm not sure when you wanted Smith to go and find 12 players when he was coaching us to promotion from October-May.

when he didnt know what division he would be in either. Engels and Guilbert were certainly signed for the Championship with Smith watching Engels at Brentford

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He must have has some say in the signings thoughts 

Yes I presume he OK'd them. 

Imagine the **** standard of the striker he turned down for Wes. Must have been another level bad.

Edited by Tomaszk

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

And you genuinely think he could do it next season without Grealish?

Absolutely he could do it. We’d never be able to replace Jack like for like, but we’d have enough money to build a genuinely balanced squad capable of playing the kind of football we want and of winning promotion. Of course he could do it. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

when he didnt know what division he would be in either. Engels and Guilbert were certainly signed for the Championship with Smith watching Engels at Brentford

We bought Engels in July. He was obviously bought for the Prem.

I am not sure why he has been given so much time to get things right. It’s like board have excepted relegation. We could have had a chance of staying up if they had got rid of him earlier. 

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

I don't want it to end like this ffs

The best result here for me is Smith keeps us up with some unbelievable turn around and a tornado return from John McGinn.

Then we shake his hand, say he'll always be welcome back and part ways the day after the season ends. 

I think this is the end then. For a story like this to come from Percy then it's serious  

Don't see how he does enough to save his job. I just hope we hire someone with an eye on next year and not get lumbered with big sam

Just now, Tomaszk said:

The best result here for me is Smith keeps us up with some unbelievable turn around and a tornado return from John McGinn.

Then we shake his hand, say he'll always be welcome back and part ways the day after the season ends. 

If he keeps us up he keeps his job and deservedly so but can’t see it happening 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think this is the end then. For a story like this to come from Percy then it's serious  

Don't see how he does enough to save his job. I just hope we hire someone with an eye on next year and not get lumbered with big sam

Bring back Tim sherwood for the remaining games then get rid 

If we sacked Smith just to hire a relegation survival man like Big Sam then I'd genuinely just pack it in for a while. Most of you will think differently but I'm just not interested in that at all. 

• Like 3

Â