Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Why would big Sam agree to that? Is he that desperate at this point?

He has agreed to that before. Also a incentive to make the job his beyond end of season.

He is out of work also

Just now, Eastie said:

Totally agree ,  I think Dyche is gettable in the summer and would establish us at this level in mid table before we look to kick on to the next level , smith achieved promotion which was his remit - sadly at this level he is out of his depth and has to go 

Id take dyche. I think he is a very good manager

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Why would big Sam agree to that? Is he that desperate at this point?

Money - a big bonus on keeping us up ? Not bad for 2 months work and would enhance his reputation as a firefighter - he went to Sunderland when they were literally dead and buried and somehow turned it around and they survived against all odds ,  we are 2 points adrift - we need a manager who can organise and motivate the players .

• Like 3

I'd rather go down than have the prospect of Sam Allardyce as our manager next season. 

Although saying that the stuff we are currently watching is probably much worse than anything he'd get us playing. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id take dyche. I think he is a very good manager

He got relegated straight away from the Prem too.  Maybe he is good because he got another crack at it so could learn from his mistakes and come back better. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Couple of papers reporting that the Chelsea game is key - loose that and he goes.

If that was true he'd be gone already because Chelsea will batter us. It's not true though, he won't be sacked.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He got relegated straight away from the Prem too.  Maybe he is good because he got another crack at it so could learn from his mistakes and come back better. 

I bet burnely in their first season up  didnt concede as many as we have. In addition 

Lose 4-1 

Lose 4-0

Lose 6-1

Lose 3-0 against ten men

Lose 3-2 after being 2-1 up againat ten men

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Maybe but we want a manager who is experienced now and he is at this level - many managers went down and never got back up 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I bet burnely in their first season up  didnt concede as many as we have. In addition 

Lose 4-1 

Lose 4-0

Lose 6-1

Lose 3-0 against ten men

No but they finished 8 points behind a Villa team managed by Lambert and Sherwood that season. 

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If that was true he'd be gone already because Chelsea will batter us. It's not true though, he won't be sacked.

Fortunately your not running the club so you think he won’t be sacked - time will tell - I think he will be sacked , there’s too much at risk to not make the change 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lose 4-1 

Lose 4-0

Lose 6-1

Lose 3-0 against ten men

I have no idea but I suspect they did get a few hammering. My point is sometimes you need to get things wrong to get things right in the long term and Dean has a lot of credit in the bank for me for what he did for us. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No but they finished 8 points behind a Villa team managed by Lambert and Sherwood that season. 

Didnt we have benteke and delph back then? 

Thats irrelevant  its the manner in which they went down. Us under smith are a colossal defesnive mess. Its going tj get no better under him

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I have no idea but I suspect they did get a few hammering. My point is sometimes you need to get things wrong to get things right in the long term and Dean has a lot of credit in the bank for me for what he did for us. 

I have stressed i am very grateful for what smith achived. But we cant keep him for sentiment sadly.

His reputation is taking a absolute battering.  He isnt ready for premier league sadly. I  think we have a good chance of staying up with the right appointment

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are talking about dyche as a manager now With 5 more years of experience , not where he was in 2015 . 
Of course there are better managers ie poch , Benitez but they are not realistically gettable for us at this moment in time . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Which is what Smith may need to happen, Smith a second crack then has knowledge of it all and may do things differently.

Personally if I were Smith he needs to drop those Wingers and started packing that midfield out more. I've said it all season our players can always run on out to the flanks, but this constant running in from the flanks all to defend us then running back out to the flanks back in position, is killing us physically.

Edited by Dave-R

Â