Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Personally I don't see a problem if you want to be a grumpy so and so - plenty of grumpy old sods on this site as it is!

I'm not being grumpy, i'm happy. I just don't celebrate like we won the league, because there is one more game to go.

Important to stay level headed

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I'm not being grumpy, i'm happy. I just don't celebrate like we won the league, because there is one more game to go.

We didn't. We celebrated like we'd got to a Wembley Final.

If we'd won the league the celebrations would have been far bigger.

I'm really not sure what your problem is here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Dean Smith said in the post match interview that we've achieved nothing yet and i fully agree. Finals are no good if you don't win them

We've given ourselves a chance to get promoted, celebrate if we achieve promotion i'd say.

Funny, because your mate Bruce said the final last year was a massive achievement. 

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

. If i was a baggies fan I'd be embarrassed by how they've approached the last 2 games, was Steve Bruce-esque.

If was a baggies fan the below would worry me. He took 3 penalty takers of then moaned there was no penalty takers on the pitch.

Here

"I think if you look how we finished the game, we lacked penalty takers on the pitch: Stefan [Johansen] would've taken one, Brunty [Chris Brunt] would've taken one, Matty [Phillips] would have taken one, Jay [Rodriguez] would have taken one

"As the game's going on I'm thinking, just hang in there, but in reality I'm seeing that we haven't got natural penalty takers on the pitch."

I thought Smith got it wrong last night.

The team that started Saturday should have started last night. And the team that started last night should have started on Sat.

We should of been more attacking at Villa Park and given ourselves more of a cushion. We have scraped through thanks to west brom's ill discipline. Andre Green was a passenger all night. He should be on loan in league one.

Win the tie at Villa Park and be the spoilers last night.

We need to step it up for the final if we want the premier league.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Part of the reason why we struggled to play against West Brom was because their whole game plan was to prevent us from playing whilst trying to score from set pieces. I thought they were pathetic over the two legs. If i was a baggies fan I'd be embarrassed by how they've approached the last 2 games, was Steve Bruce-esque.

So glad we have a manager who plays on the front foot every game. Breath of fresh air.

on the money.

16 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

The team that started Saturday should have started last night. And the team that started last night should have started on Sat.

We should of been more attacking at Villa Park and given ourselves more of a cushion. We have scraped through thanks to west brom's ill discipline. Andre Green was a passenger all night. He should be on loan in league one.

To be honest...I don't think we can play like that, we haven't got the personnel in abundance to play like Albion.....I think Shan lost them that game with his bigoted blues attitude.....His henchmen lost the plot.

I get what your saying but.....I think we have to wait until he can get players in that makes the team more rounded....We have done remarkably well, with players that some are very, very good and some that are below par or have fragile form.

We need to bring in more players that emulate the standards achieved by our better players.

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It was also a Derby....with passions running in to overdrive.

anyway, we had to blow the cobwebs away in readiness for Wembley.....just a bit of rehearsing.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Dean Smith said in the post match interview that we've achieved nothing yet and i fully agree. Finals are no good if you don't win them

We've given ourselves a chance to get promoted, celebrate if we achieve promotion i'd say.

An extremely high pressured game away to a local rival won via penalty shoot out, I think we can allow them to be happy and have a bit of a celebration.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, av1 said:

If was a baggies fan the below would worry me. He took 3 penalty takers of then moaned there was no penalty takers on the pitch.

Here

All those players were forced off through injury, dismissal or fatigue. In sure he would of kept them on if he could. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Here

So lucky we had Conor (Conor Hourihane) , Jedi (Mile Jedinak) Jacky (Jack Grealish) Tammy (Tammy Abraham) to take the pens

Should I type their full names and nicknames in evrey post from now on? 

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

We were right to play short corners yesterday imo, try and open some space up. They had about 7 defenders playing, was going to be very difficult for us to win the ball from a corner whipped into the box. Apart from Mings and Tammy, we don't really have a lot of height in this team.

Also WBA have scored a lot of excellent counter attacking goals from other teams corners this season. Maybe Smith didnt want to take the chance? Shrug, just a thought.

I love the fact the manager didn't get too carried away in the celebrations. You have to admire the measure of the man. As soon as Tammy slotted home he was straight over to the Albion bench to offer his hand . 

He knows we must improve if we are to achieve our aim and I'm confident he will get that message across in time for Wembley. We wasn't incisive enough in the final third, hopefully, in the coming day's, the cure to that problem will be found. In Deano we trust.

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

200.gif

Win or lose the final Smith has been fantastic. I'd back him to get us up if we lose, I'd back the new regime to rebuild wisely and give Smith the right tools. I'd also love to see him stick to his principles and get some serious backing from the board if we do win the jackpot and get promoted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

**** me.

I bet if you won the lottery you'd complain.

Meh. Brentford’s analysts picked the numbers anyway. 

• Like 1

Â