Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I do agree with him about that it's wrong that the championship playoff final is Monday when you consider that both league one semi finals were played after our match. Also, the pitch. What will it be like after 2 games in 2 days.

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

I do agree with him about that it's wrong that the championship playoff final is Monday when you consider that both league one semi finals were played after our match. Also, the pitch. What will it be like after 2 games in 2 days.

Final game. No VAR. Efl is a joke. 

Edit: I think the standard of the refereeing is one of the reasons I want us out this league. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

It will be ok, just take the squad up the beacon hill in sedgley for a game in wolves and they will be used to a rough pitch.

575981_f67bf117.jpg

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

And if he doesn't take us up ?

Well I've just read something where Smith is saying that if we dont go up that Grealish will cost any team who wants him a fortune and even if we're in the championship next season that FFP won't really be a thing and we will get by ok.

(Smith is confident there will not be a repeat of the financial problems that followed defeat in last year’s final by Fulham.)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/23/jack-grealish-will-cost-a-lot-of-money-if-aston-villa-lose-play-off-final-says-smith

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

No, Bruce had had his preseason, made his signings, built his squad, had a full year at it, after all but 11 games the season before. He only got us playing decent football on a handful of occasions and the whole thing was very unsustainable. He got close, but we were never going to beat fulham and defended our way past Boro really. 

The Smith run into the playoffs after having to find a way to sort out the totally defensively destroyed and unbalanced squad with the season well under way. All while turning a defend the 18 yard line and treat the ball like it gives you cancer style to actually playing good football.

All very true however one does not simply build statues. :)

On a serious note Smith is one game away from an amazing achievement and also a season ahead of schedule. 

12 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Will there even be VAR next season for the likes of Derby & Leeds in the championship or is it only being used in the Prem?

Only in the Premier League, not the Championship. 

With the exception that all of Leeds games will have their own dedicated VAR due to anticipated high demand, particularly in the latter part of the season as it all starts to fall apart again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So does that mean Bruce would have deserved one if we won playoffs last season?  🤔

Different Bruce blew alot of money and had a few seasons here. Smith came in half way through the season spent a little and we were lying 13th

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Different Bruce blew alot of money and had a few seasons here. Smith came in half way through the season spent a little and we were lying 13th

But we are talking Statues my friend. When Smith wins us the premier league I will build it myself :)

• Haha 1

Â