Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think the celebrations were way over the top for my liking.

It's not even the final yet and they are celebrating like they got promoted already. 

And then if we win the play off finals what's the point of celebrating that because we used to be a premier league side anyway...

Enjoy the moment, stop being so miserable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Over the moon.

Dean needs to be more proactive I agree.

No problems with the short corners. They had three massive centre backs heading all our crosses away in open play so it was a good move.

Even when they were all over us and we were creaking I'm so glad we kept passing the ball. That's how we play now. Obvious issues with the players losing the ball, but they stuck at it.

It was also utter domination against the 10 men which has sometimes been an issue for us down the years.

I'd be tempted to go attacking 4 - 3 - 3 in the final, with Anwar and Kodjia as wide forwards.

Drifting inside often and putting the goal under siege.

Sadly, I really don't trust Green and Adomah enough.

As we know Kodjia is not overly effective wide, so my compromise would be to play him and Anwar relatively narrow but drifting wide when necessary.

Asking the fullbacks to bomb forward more often. (Taylor, yes I know)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think the celebrations were way over the top for my liking.

It's not even the final yet and they are celebrating like they got promoted already. 

**** me.

I bet if you won the lottery you'd complain.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Do you complain when players score goals? They' haven't won the game yet so why should they celebrate?

Everybody should just sit down with a straight face until the team lifts the league title. Then they can celebrate.

Dean Smith said in the post match interview that we've achieved nothing yet and i fully agree. Finals are no good if you don't win them

We've given ourselves a chance to get promoted, celebrate if we achieve promotion i'd say.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

Dean Smith said in the post match interview that we've achieved nothing yet and i fully agree.

We've given ourselves a chance to get promoted, celebrate if we achieve promotion i'd say.

So you must have been furious after every single victory this season when the players celebrated after the game?

They'd achieved nothing.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So you must have been furious after every single victory this season when the players celebrated after the game?

They'd achieved nothing.

No i cheered, like i always do when i win, but i wouldn't celebrate like that unless we won a trophy or achieved promotion, which we haven't.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

No i cheered, like i always do when i win, but i wouldn't celebrate like that unless we won a trophy or achieved promotion, which we haven't.

Your interest in the degree to which other people celebrate something is clearly an indicator of something pretty odd going on. You're not the manager, you're a fan. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Personally I don't see a problem if you want to be a grumpy so and so - plenty of grumpy old sods on this site as it is!

Do not see a problem with the Villa players celebrating last night, I think the manner of the game, the occasion, how we won it ETC which made them perhaps celebrate more, this is what they have been aiming to achieve since Smith took over, it was probably a bit of release.

I am 100% sure that all the players and the management team are fully aware that they have achieved nothing as yet and today will be fully focused on Wembley in 12 days time.

Going back to Smith and last night, thought he should have made the changes earlier than he did and not the ones I would have made, but fair play to the guy, been a breath of fresh air and looks like he has everyone on his side - players, coaching staff and fans alike.

2 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Albion kept most of their squad from the Premier League and were one of the favourites to go up.

We were considering using the rest of the season to blood youth players etc ready for next season back in Feb.

We played like shite and yet managed to win the Tie.

Last year in the final we played like shite and lost the final

Yes I am going to celebrate, not only the win, not only a trip to playoff final, not only a win over a local rival, I am also celebrating the rebirth of a club after just short of 10 odd years of shiteness.

As a Kid I celebrated every single win.

Sorry I don't agree, I don't think we played white at all. We clearly had most possession,  best pass rate and largely dominated the game. However where I do draw the line was our finishing, the goal blunder that nearly cost us and that five away which nearly cost us the semi finals. When you consider the amount of crosses, shots, headers we had to Brom I would agree that our finishing was absoloute terrible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Christ lads if you think these are over the top celebrations wait until we win the final. 

I didn't say they were over the top, I don't mind it all, hopefully they will be in tune for the final way more than they are at singing that song lol.

• Like 1

Almost 2 weeks til the final, plenty of time to regain focus, prepare and think about the game.

Of course they should celebrate and enjoy themselves (without alcohol of course)

This is the times they live and play for.

• Like 1

Â