Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

There are far too many completely uninformed assumptions there to unpick, and I don’t have the patience to educate you, save for picking up on your last point. It’s also ironic that you’re exhibiting exactly what you are accusing me of. 

A DoF is there to oversee and execute on the transfer strategy. Yes, there is input from other people, but it his responsibility for execution. The shortlist of players is there, having been collectively decided by the club, and his role is to find a way of getting them in. 

It’s also a shame you can’t comprehend the basics of what I’ve tried to explain to you. I’ll try once more and really try and make it as simple as possible for you: no one is questioning or doubting the effort he may or may not be putting in, but what is objectively undeniable is that he has been ineffective during a period of crisis, in terms of actually delivering. For that, there is one sole criteria: bringing in accretive players that improve the starting 11. 

If you still can’t grasp that, then please, continue with resorting to your usual go to rebuttals of “you’re not a Club insider” rather than actual debate, which seems beyond you. Based on your comments, it’s posters like you that really bring down the average on here. 

I’m genuinely curious as to what any one at the club would have to do in order for the happy clappers to tolerate any criticism or allow any debate. 

Oh look, a superiority complex to boot.. I've already seen that schtick done, it's boring now.

Anyway, using Liverpool as a stick to beat us with is ridiculous.  They are the European champions and most players would sign for them.

We're new to the league after 3 years out, and are close to relegation positions, everyone will wait before jumping to us, unless they are Jordan Bowery.  And then where would that get us?

We needed another striker in the summer and this is the result of this.  Its a shame Keiran isn't fit, because at least he's adequate backup, but even so.. Maupay should have been a villa player.

Saying that, we've spent our TV money, maybe that was the budget.

All my anger and annoyance is at this guy and suso. 

Summer business was really poor. 

I think the fact we are 1 pt off 17th and in a semi final, despite the disaster of the last window, really shows the good job smith is doing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We've blown it. We had one chance. A clean slate. Can't think of a summer ever where there's been such an opportunity to create any squad you want.

Yes it's a challenge gelling them all but you can pack the squad with whatever players you want, so at least you'll have some quality.

We've compiled a load of slow cowards, half of which can't control the ball FFS. How are we going to get rid of any of these? They've all signed 4/5 year deals.

We could have got players of this quality for a third of the cost. With the money available we should have much better.

"You don't get much for 8/11/22m" is all I heard at the start of the season. You do I'm afraid, if you spend it well. We've bought guff.

Get a system in place. European football is all filmed now. We've got the resources to have every game watched back. Not just this Richard Madeley lookalike and his mates asking agents who they should sign.

Some fans are still so confident we're staying up I just don't understand it. Who do they think will go down?! I hope the team believes. With Jack Grealish there's a tiny chance.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

All my anger and annoyance is at this guy and suso. 

Summer business was really poor. 

I think the fact we are 1 pt off 17th and in a semi final, despite the disaster of the last window, really shows the good job smith is doing

We beat a team in league 2,  Brighton reserves, Wolves reserves and the Liverpool kids to get to this semi-final. It would be disappointing if we didn't to the semis knowing our opposition.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We've blown it. We had one chance. A clean slate. Can't think of a summer ever where there's been such an opportunity to create any squad you want.

Yes it's a challenge gelling them all but you can pack the squad with whatever players you want, so at least you'll have some quality.

We've compiled a load of slow cowards, half of which can't control the ball FFS. How are we going to get rid of any of these? They've all signed 4/5 year deals.

We could have got players of this quality for a third of the cost. With the money available we should have much better.

"You don't get much for 8/11/22m" is all I heard at the start of the season. You do I'm afraid, if you spend it well. We've bought guff.

Get a system in place. European football is all filmed now. We've got the resources to have every game watched back. Not just this Richard Madeley lookalike and his mates asking agents who they should sign.

Some fans are still so confident we're staying up I just don't understand it. Who do they think will go down?! I hope the team believes. With Jack Grealish there's a tiny chance.

I'm not at all confident we'll stay up. The Burnley result kind of clouded judgement a little, they are woeful and on all known form should get dragged in. This guy is spearheading our recruitment drive in January. He did so during the summer and he failed spectacularly. How on earth do you even get excited about who we'll bring in. Look at some of the most famous clubs and institutions in the world like borussia dortmund who use a sporting director. There are no haphazard signings. A philosophy, a culture, right the way through. I mean a 37 year old Reina on stupid wages most likely. The most Aston Villa thing to do.

5 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

There are far too many completely uninformed assumptions there to unpick, and I don’t have the patience to educate you, save for picking up on your last point. It’s also ironic that you’re exhibiting exactly what you are accusing me of. 

A DoF is there to oversee and execute on the transfer strategy. Yes, there is input from other people, but it his responsibility for execution. The shortlist of players is there, having been collectively decided by the club, and his role is to find a way of getting them in. 

It’s also a shame you can’t comprehend the basics of what I’ve tried to explain to you. I’ll try once more and really try and make it as simple as possible for you: no one is questioning or doubting the effort he may or may not be putting in, but what is objectively undeniable is that he has been ineffective during a period of crisis, in terms of actually delivering. For that, there is one sole criteria: bringing in accretive players that improve the starting 11. 

If you still can’t grasp that, then please, continue with resorting to your usual go to rebuttals of “you’re not a Club insider” rather than actual debate, which seems beyond you. Based on your comments, it’s posters like you that really bring down the average on here. 

I’m genuinely curious as to what any one at the club would have to do in order for the happy clappers to tolerate any criticism or allow any debate. 

Not sure this is the most effective way of conveying the point. You seem to be confusing "Happy Clappers" (i.e. evangelists blinded by faith) with people who are wisely reserving judgment until the transfer window is over. I would say that attitude is the exact opposite of being a happy clapper. It's just pragmatism and maturity.

I also don't see any intolerance from anyone. It's just a difference of opinion. Nobody's deleting your posts.

FWIW I'm not convinced by Suso (largely because his track record at other clubs doesn't seem massively impressive), but he was probably the best we could get when we brought him in, and so far his record has been a mix of obvious successes and some possible flops. In other news, it rained today and the Pope is Catholic.

The January window is a brutal time to do business, and we're only a third of the way through it, so I'm slightly flabbergasted that people are already delivering their final verdict on it. It just seems a bit histrionic. And to then conclude that being called out on that is a sign of some "Happy Clapper" conspiracy from people who simply cannot bear to see Lord Jesus Christ Garcia Pitarch blasphemed is really histrionic. We think he might be shit too, we just don't know yet. You don't know either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Not sure this is the most effective way of conveying the point. You seem to be confusing "Happy Clappers" (i.e. evangelists blinded by faith) with people who are wisely reserving judgment until the transfer window is over. I would say that attitude is the exact opposite of being a happy clapper. It's just pragmatism and maturity.

I also don't see any intolerance from anyone. It's just a difference of opinion. Nobody's deleting your posts.

FWIW I'm not convinced by Suso (largely because his track record at other clubs doesn't seem massively impressive), but he was probably the best we could get when we brought him in, and so far his record has been a mix of obvious successes and some possible flops. In other news, it rained today and the Pope is Catholic.

The January window is a brutal time to do business, and we're only a third of the way through it, so I'm slightly flabbergasted that people are already delivering their final verdict on it. It just seems a bit histrionic. And to then conclude that being called out on that is a sign of some "Happy Clapper" conspiracy from people who simply cannot bear to see Lord Jesus Christ Garcia Pitarch blasphemed is really histrionic. We think he might be shit too, we just don't know yet. You don't know either.

If he flopped in the summer long window with £120m+ to spend - the odds of him pulling several rabbits out of the hat with limited funds in 2 weeks are pretty long IMO. 

I'm not convinced by him but he does have a good track record. This is the guy who signed Aguero for Athletico Madrid remember. Like DS we need to give him time. We fluked promotion and its meant we've had to build a whole team in one window. Very hard to do. 

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I'm not convinced by him but he does have a good track record. This is the guy who signed Aguero for Athletico Madrid remember. Like DS we need to give him time. We fluked promotion and its meant we've had to build a whole team in one window. Very hard to do. 

Accidental post. Please delete

Edited by lp_villa830

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

If he flopped in the summer long window with £120m+ to spend - the odds of him pulling several rabbits out of the hat with limited funds in 2 weeks are pretty long IMO. 

I don’t think he’s flopped, I think he’s brought potentially decent players. I think DS just isn’t that good of a coach

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I don’t think he’s flopped, I think he’s brought potentially decent players. I think DS just isn’t that good of a coach

He isn't good enough to get a tune out of Nakamba Luiz & co !

Â