Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I don't know how you can be so vehement that hes bad at his job when you dont know what he actually does

What's suso done this week? If the answer is I don't know then you can't say "**** all" or he's not doing it right 

Well, if he is working hard and no players are coming in, then that shows he is completely ineffective.  

How hard he is working isn’t really a proxy for success. There’s only one metric: calibre of players coming in. 

I’m not denying that the January market is difficult. But, he needs to deliver because of our predicament. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Well, if he is working hard and no players are coming in, then that shows he is completely ineffective.  

How hard he is working isn’t really a proxy for success. There’s only one metric: calibre of players coming in. 

I’m not denying that the January market is difficult. But, he needs to deliver because of our predicament. 

Seriously.....this shows pure ignorance!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Seriously.....this shows pure ignorance!

Quite. If the metric is calibre of player coming in, wouldn't bringing in a bad player lower this arbitrary score? 

It's a tough time and we're in serious competition with other teams who also want to strengthen and often are better placed to make the signings we want than us - Piatek and Spurs, for example. 

• Like 1

The you add in the notion that he's shit, he's shit, he's shit, he's shit, suso must also be shit

Who says they're shit?! Some fan opinions? 

The club might be very happy with the signings suso has made

Or does that make Smith, purslow and our owners shit too? 

Drawing analogies with computer games is a strange one. No one has said that January is easy and that players can just be signed.

Likely this is just the ‘go to’ thing to say for the Happy Clappers when they don’t like hearing justified criticism. Just like ‘you’re not the Coach’ and ‘you’re not a Club insider’. 

It’s actually perfectly rational to expect signings to be made, especially when we have a dedicated DoF that has known reinforcements have been needed since the Summer and that we are in DESPERATE need of a striker. When that doesn’t materialise after nearly a third of the window passing and with two entirely winnable games this month, the criticism is entirely justified. 

Yes, January is difficult and, yes, he might be working hard. But this is a results industry. You don’t get points for effort. 

Edited by Pimlico_Villa

4 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Yet we've already signed Drinkwater, it looks like Pepe is coming in and the young lad Barry. So players are coming in, just not the ones you want.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I wouldn't deny his job his difficult - If it was easy he wouldn't be so well paid

Edited by hippo

1 hour ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Drawing analogies with computer games is a strange one. No one has said that January is easy and that players can just be signed.

Not really....just like on a computer game, you want instant success in purchasing a player....you think that it is the same in the real world....I would suspect that Suso has been working from early morning to late at night trying to express interests and negotiate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New_Hope said:

Not really....just like on a computer game, you want instant success in purchasing a player....you think that it is the same in the real world....I would suspect that Suso has been working from early morning to late at night trying to express interests and negotiate!

As usual, you’re making things up.  

I’ve repeatedly said that he should have been lining up players before January, given how obvious it was needed. That’s not ‘instant’ by any stretch. 

11 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

As usual, you’re making things up.  

I’ve repeatedly said that he should have been lining up players before January, given how obvious it was needed. That’s not ‘instant’ by any stretch. 

How do you know he wasn’t? Given that we as fans, with hardly any real knowledge of the inner workings of transfers and contracts, all know that we would ideally like signings early in the window, it seems bizarre to suggest that someone in his position wouldn’t know that. 

I’d have thought that the recruitment team are constantly working on identifying potential signings in all positions and all age groups. Obviously there are times of increased activity, transfer windows basically, but it’s surely an on going process. The simple fact is our recruitment team aren’t unique in this and all clubs will be working along the same lines. The fact that we really need a striker has almost no relevance to what other teams are trying to do anymore than we care about other teams needs. So we can work exceptionally hard but we still have to operate in the market which will be pulling in all sorts of directions and at all kinds of speeds. 

Signing all of our top targets, within our budget and in the first few days of January never has and never will happen. Not for us or anyone else. Hopefully we can at least get some of our targets in by the time the window SLAMS SHUT. To suggest we’re not working hard and only started on Jan 1st is in my opinion irrational. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Likely this is just the ‘go to’ thing to say for the Happy Clappers when they don’t like hearing justified criticism. Just like ‘you’re not the Coach’ and ‘you’re not a Club insider’. 

It’s actually perfectly rational to expect signings to be made, especially when we have a dedicated DoF that has known reinforcements have been needed since the Summer and that we are in DESPERATE need of a striker. When that doesn’t materialise after nearly a third of the window passing and with two entirely winnable games this month, the criticism is entirely justified. 

Yes, January is difficult and, yes, he might be working hard. But this is a results industry. You don’t get points for effort. 

Your critism isn't entirely justified, because apart from you not being happy with what's happened so far, you don't have a **** clue what's going on at the club. You don't know what Suso has done, is doing, has spoken about, has spoken to or anything, you just make shit assumptions about him because we haven't signed a striker yet.

If you want a striker that anyone or any club is willing to sell in the first few days of a window, you'd be crying about how shit that striker was after 15 mins of his debut having not scored a hat trick.

As I said previously, it's obvious you don't understand how these things work.  You obviously don't have any commercial nous, you obviously don't have any insider knowledge and to be honest it's obvious you don't have even basic knowledge on how DOFs operate, but keep posting like you do.. 😒

• Like 2

While lots of amazing things have happened since the new owners have come in. Being at this point with no strikers, a piss poor midfield and elmo and Taylor still regulars is really weak  

Scouting and planning in the summer is looking more abysmal by the week

Â