Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

18 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Your critism isn't entirely justified, because apart from you not being happy with what's happened so far, you don't have a **** clue what's going on at the club. You don't know what Suso has done, is doing, has spoken about, has spoken to or anything, you just make shit assumptions about him because we haven't signed a striker yet.

If you want a striker that anyone or any club is willing to sell in the first few days of a window, you'd be crying about how shit that striker was after 15 mins of his debut having not scored a hat trick.

As I said previously, it's obvious you don't understand how these things work.  You obviously don't have any commercial nous, you obviously don't have any insider knowledge and to be honest it's obvious you don't have even basic knowledge on how DOFs operate, but keep posting like you do.. 😒Far too many completely uninformed assumptions you’re making here to unpick, so I won’t bother educating you, save for your  last point. 

There are far too many completely uninformed assumptions there to unpick, and I don’t have the patience to educate you, save for picking up on your last point. It’s also ironic that you’re exhibiting exactly what you are accusing me of. 

A DoF is there to oversee and execute on the transfer strategy. Yes, there is input from other people, but it his responsibility for execution. The shortlist of players is there, having been collectively decided by the club, and his role is to find a way of getting them in. 

It’s also a shame you can’t comprehend the basics of what I’ve tried to explain to you. I’ll try once more and really try and make it as simple as possible for you: no one is questioning or doubting the effort he may or may not be putting in, but what is objectively undeniable is that he has been ineffective during a period of crisis, in terms of actually delivering. For that, there is one sole criteria: bringing in accretive players that improve the starting 11. 

If you still can’t grasp that, then please, continue with resorting to your usual go to rebuttals of “you’re not a Club insider” rather than actual debate, which seems beyond you. Based on your comments, it’s posters like you that really bring down the average on here. 

I’m genuinely curious as to what any one at the club would have to do in order for the happy clappers to tolerate any criticism or allow any debate. 

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hard to know what his role is but whoever is responsible for signing Trezeguet, Nakamba, Wesley and Luiz needs sacking. 

This.

But there always seems to be a tendency to blame board for the bad signings and give credit to the managers for the good ones with fans at clubs. They probably all talked about the signings and all collective signed off on them

Edited by Bugzy1991

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some of the signings look poor. We'd have been better buying more players with premier league and even championship experience. 

If only it was possible to learn from our previous mistakes.

As far as I know there has never been a definitive statement from the club about who has the final word on transfers. I could not imagine a situation where a manager had no input at all....That would be crazy. We spent £146 million in the summer of which only £8 million was worthwhile ( on Heaton). The 22 million on Wesley was simply money lining a clever agents pocket....

ATB

VLD.

We have signed a load of shite for big money. For that susso must be accountable.

Big signing s have flopped - but equally the likes of target, Jota , Konsa all look woeful value for the fees paid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Liverpool has signed a player before the Jan window opened. We've known we needed another striker before Wesley got injured. It's baffling that we didn't have someone lined up. 

It's harder for us to sign players than Liverpool but kind of take the point. 13 days now and no obvious progress.

The real error was not signing two strikers, it looks like we wanted Wesley and Maupay and bulked at the price of Maupay. Proved to be a fatal error.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Graham t said:

As far as I know there has never been a definitive statement from the club about who has the final word on transfers. I could not imagine a situation where a manager had no input at all....That would be crazy. We spent £146 million in the summer of which only £8 million was worthwhile ( on Heaton). The 22 million on Wesley was simply money lining a clever agents pocket....

ATB

VLD.

I've heard Smith say he has very little to do with players incoming. That probably doesn't go quite as far as him having no knowledge of the players purchased - or players signed against his wishes.  But I don't it is a big part of Smith s role.

Simply signing a striker just isn't enough, we're too weak, no matter who we sign, unless it's decent premier League quality then all the players are going to need time bedding in. Truly are ****! Was a piss take relying on Wesley, Keinan and Kodjia as our strike force.

• Like 1

Â