The NSWE Board

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I suspected that eventually we'd get some more investment in to make us even stronger.

Similarly to how the likes of Man City have investment from China.

Also great for people to have something they don't actually understand, to moan about until Brentford 💪🏽

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Is it risky?

Depends on your definition of risk. They'll be taking money back out at some point, as that's what investment firms do.

As usual the historical record on this will depend on how successful we are in the interim. If we continue performing and improving, great. If not, people will soon change their tune.

Make no mistake, investment firms are vultures one way or another.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Investment. Ticket prices up another 20% then so they can make some money on their investment? 

Of course they will get money back at some point. Who knows if ticket prices get pumped, hope not but these are business people. I suppose if we are serious about competing then further funds are needed.

Surely this is better than a bank loan with high interest charges & repayments ? In time they will maybe get an equity stake in lieu of repayment in V-Sports Group? The growth potential is obvious and we are owned by serious business men here not some mad chinaman… This can only be good for us 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Surely this is better than a bank loan with high interest charges & repayments ? In time they will maybe get an equity stake in lieu of repayment in V-Sports Group? The growth potential is obvious and we are owned by serious business men here not some mad chinaman… This can only be good for us 

Not sure about better than a loan, but definitely better than selling our future (as yet unearned) TV rights to fund it like a certain Spanish club have done.

Edited by MrBlack

A little bit frustrating that after all our owners have done for us, it seems like people are still just waiting for an opportunity to give them shit for something. 

I may be naive but I have complete trust that everything they do is for the benefit of the club.

• Like 4

Â